Another MariaDB Galera problem

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by ei8ht, May 17, 2016.

1. ei8ht

ei8ht New Member

Hi there,
    as i was on vacation, my little project had a break.
    Actual I'm struggling to link the MariaDB Cluster onto ISPConfig 3.1 Beta.
    I have 3 Databases, IP 10.10.10.2/.3/.4. They are connected via 2 loadbalancers with the VRRP IP 10.10.10.1. There are no MySQL/MariaDB Servers on the other VPS. I will have them centralised in this cluster (of course, every VPS has it's own Database on this cluster in the end).
    How must i set them up into ISPConfig? My solution actual is to stop the Cluster and Loadbalancing, configure one DB Server with 10.10.10.1, do the ISPConfig Setup.
    After the Setup is complete, i would reconfigure the DB Server to its "old" IP and restart the loadbalancer.

Does this work like this or is there another solution?

Kind regards

André

Edit: Added Info about the nonexistence of ohter MariaDB Servers

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig requires the hostname of a mysql / mariadb server, not the IP and the hostname of the db server must be resolvable from all nodes, so better add it to all /etc/hosts files. What this db server is or how it is connected does not matter for ispconfig, what matters it that it is reachable at install time and run time and that it behaves like a mysql server.

3. ei8ht

ei8ht New Member

Hi Till,
    thanks for your anser. The MariaDB VRRP IP 10.10.10.1 solves to mysql.domain.tld via the hostfile.
    to explain what i've done (all are Ubuntu 16.04 LTS machines):
    set up 10.10.10.128 (ccp.domain.tld) for the ISPConfig Controlpanel (nginx, php)
    set up 10.10.10.2/.3/.4 as MariaDB/Galera Cluster (grimlock./strafe./slash.domain.tld) (MariaDB 10.1)
    Set up 10.10.10.5/.6 as Loadbalancers with keepalived/LVS (lb1./lb2.domain.tld)
    Set up 10.10.10.1 as VRRP IP via keepalived on the both loadbalancers and MariaDB Servers (mysql.domain.tld)
    Set up two NS Servers (can't remember the IPs by head, but hostnames are skids./mudflap.domain.tld)
    After this was finished I set up ISPConfig with mysql.domain.tld as Database (instead of localhost) and this works now like a charm. But ISPConfig thinks the DB is on 10.10.10.128.
    The MariaDB Cluster itself via VRRP is not visible in ISPConfig. How can i bring this one in the ISPConfig Webpanel? Or shall I just let the DB tick on the Server configurations? I have actual no idea how i can set up the DB servers with the VRRP IP. This is why i had the idea to stop the Cluster/VRRP Setup and configure one server with 10.10.10.1 and install ispconfig on this one to get it into the panel and then revert back to the old cluster/vrrp configuration.

If it's still unclear, is it allowed to write in german in this board? I'm swiss, so (swiss)german is my mothers tongue.

Kind regards

André

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It does not matter where the db is as long as the php mysql driver can connect to it. ispconfig uses the Linux name resolving to get the IP for an hostname, so if the wrong Ip is used, then your hostname / dns setup in the /etc/hosts files is wrong on one of the nodes.

5. ei8ht

ei8ht New Member

Yes i got this :).
    I think i have an idea and will test it as soon as possible (php -q install.php on one (or all) MaraiDB Servers with hostname mysql.domain.tld).
    I will try it and report ;).
    Many thanks for your support until now.

Kind regards

André