NEED HELP FOR MULTISERVER ISPCONFIG 3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Lupi, May 19, 2016.

1. Lupi

Lupi Member

Today I have mechanic truble with master web server where ispconfig panel is with Debian Jessie. He won't turn on any more.
    I have new one now. My question is: How to copy all from old harddisk ( fault server ) where I have websites, and the rest whats has to be there to new one. Both of harddisks are 3 TB.
    What is the best way to that. '
    Second question: Is passible with resync getback all configurations in ispconfig?
    Thank's

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

So the hard disk is still working? What about putting the old hard disk in the new server?

If this is not an option, search for ispconfig migrate or ispconfig migration here in the forums, you will find several threads that describe which files and folders have to be copied to a new server to move an ispconfig installation to a new system.

3. Lupi

Lupi Member

I can't put old harddisk to newone. Oldone is sata and newone is SAS harddisk. I read about clonezilla. What you think about? My old server is Dell with Gigabyte GA-3CESL-RH. Yesterday he just stop. I dont see bios, just nothing. No idee whats happend to this machine.

4. till

Clonezilla might work as well an easier than moving the install manually. Most likely you could do the data move also with rsyc, just ensure that you keep all permissions on all files.

5. Lupi

Lupi Member

Thank's Till, I.m going to try with clonezilla.

6. Lupi

Lupi Member

Till, one more uestion. If I choose for resync methode, I must first install my web server like before. Right? Is there some turtorial about this kind of job. I,m little bit under stress, becouse of important of data on this hard disk.
    Thank's

7. till

Lupi likes this.
  8. Lupi

Lupi Member

With clonezilla doesent recognise harddisk. Its like nothing is there anymore. I tryed GParted and he doesen't recognise my old hard drive. Another 4 servers works fine. There is db.server, mail.server and 2 ns servers. They work stil. Any idee how I can get back my websites and users. Is it pasibile......
    MY OLD HARDDISK IS CONNECTED NOW VIA USB CABLE. cOULD THIS BE A PROBLEM?
    Definitly, old disk was in raid with second one. Third disk was for some private maps, and 4-th was empty.
    Now, Gparted doesen't see nothing on this disks. Just UNALLOCATED. DAN'T KNOW WHATS HAPPEND HIER.
    Server doesent work anymore, hard disk are unallocated, very very strange thing is happend.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  9. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Was your raid created by a hardware raid card in the old server, not a software/linux raid? And was it raid1 (2 mirrored disks)? If so you'll need to connect it to the same model of raid controller to read the data, or at least that's the safest way, as the controller will put some metadata on the disk that it knows how to read (and gparted doesn't).

10. Lupi

Lupi Member

No raid is made with software, and it worked all fine.

11. Jesse Norell

Lupi likes this.
  12. Lupi

Lupi Member

I installed a new ispconfig. Now I have another question: How I shoud seen my another servers again into new control panel.
    I have configurate mysql as it was, but I see only my web server in the panel. Thank's

13. till

The problem is that slave servers dont have all data that is stored on the master. Do you have a backup of the dbispconfig database of the master server?

Lupi likes this.
  14. Lupi

Lupi Member

Yes I have all backups on master server, but Till problem is that I can't see any data on my old harddisk. If i install ispconfig again on slaves servers I should losse all databases. Right?
    I can see my databases on db.server in phpmyadmin. I,m going make backups, and install again ispconfig on db.server.
    I INSTALLED ON MY DB SERVER IPSCOFIG AGAIN. NOW I SEE IN MY CONTROLPANEL THIS SERVER. EVEN ALL MY DATA BASES ARE THERE.
    SO I,M GOING TO DO SO WITH ANOTHER 3 SERVERS, BUT PROBLEM STAY , I CAN'T READ ANY DATA FROM MY OLD HARDDISK FROM WEB.SERVER, LOOKING FOR SOLVE.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  15. Jesse Norell

do you have any notes/info on the old server setup, pertaining to the disks? eg. output of "cat /proc/mdstat"? (specifically I'm wondering if you used the raw disk device in the raid, rather than creating a partition table on it and using a partition)

16. Lupi

Lupi Member

That was long time ago. Disk is 3TB and I maked partition wint gparted. Then with install I maked raid. with cat /proc/mdstat everything was ok. 3 days ago my server was death. No start, no bios enter, just nothing. He can trun on but nothing heppends. So I cant see nothing on my old disks.

17. Lupi

Lupi Member

Till, questien for you.
    First this is what I done: I found backups of my sites in my local PC. They are back on master server ( web.server.xx) They are working, because there is nothing change on my ns1 and ns2 servers. Even mail server working properly. Then I installed ispconfig again in db.server and ns1 server (still not in ns2 and mail server, I just do it step for step ),then I maked clients in master, and conected sites with db. so I can see them in master server and all work properly.
    1. If I put again data in master server for old sites, now all is empty (DNS, mail accounts,etc) how can I keep old mail boxes with mails on mail server.
    2 If I make a new site with all data , and another sites stay empty, should my DNS server delete automaticly that configurations of old sites?
    Your expiriance will help me a lot. Please can you give me some instructions how to be sure to do this correctly.
    Thank's

18. Lupi

Lupi Member

Guy's I fixed and started my old server. So what was problem don't know. I put back 4 hd,s 3GB. My systeem is configurate with software RAID1 ( mdadm). I gott message error: disk 'mduuid/axxxxxxxxxxxxx' not found ; Entering rescue mode.... ; grub rescue.
    Command: ls ; output is: (hd0) ; (hd1) ; (hd2) ; (hd2,gpt1) ; (hd3) ; (hd3,gpt1) ; (fd0) ; (fd1).
    Command: set ; output is :
    cmdpath=(hd0)
    prefix=(mduuid/axxxxxxx...)/boot/grub
    root=mduuid/axxxxxx...

Command: ls ( hd2.gpt1)/ ; output is ../ lost+found / clouddata/ >>> this is my data disk from cloud
    Command ls (hd3,gpt1)/ ; output is ../ lost+found/ >>>> this is one ampty harddisk.
    Now, I have (hd0) and (fd0), (fd1) and (hd1) >>>> That is my raid ( at least i belive).
    Command: ls (hd0)/boot/ ; output is unknow filesystem
    Command: ls (fd0)/ boot/ ; output is error: cannot get C/H/S values
    With hd1 is the same result.
    How I can rescue grub in mdadm now.
    Thank's.

19. Lupi

Lupi Member

I fixed everything. My old server work's again. Thank's. I'm closing this post.