Wordpress fails to install

Discussion in 'General' started by malaperdas, Jul 2, 2016.

1. malaperdas

malaperdas New Member

Hi there,
    I'm facing a weird issue. I have a VPS with ISPConfig 3 installed. I created a new client account today for a fresh installation of Wordpress. This isn't the first time I did this, it's like the 13th account for a wordpress installation.
    I do the usual steps.
    • Create an empty db.
    • Upload via FTP, all the wordpress files
    • Visit the domain
    and then this...
    Screenshot from 2016-07-02 17-32-49.png
    Instead of the usual language selection I get the above warning/error. I click to create the file but it fails to create the wp-config.php. Then I did it by hand with the db settings and then I get a blank page and on the server the following error
    mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp() in /var/www/clients/client13/web19/web/wp-blog-header.php on line 14

It issue a weird issue, that just started with this server and ISPConfig installation.

2. malaperdas

malaperdas New Member

UPDATE:
    I tried on an existing client with a new subdomain and subdirectory and it runs normally. The new client appears to have the issue only. I will get a new random domain and test with a fresh new client..

3. malaperdas

malaperdas New Member

It was a RAM issue... 2GB apparently is not sufficient.

4. CK13

CK13 New Member

2GB is more than enough.
    You can install wordpress through the APS Installer, Sites->Available packages, if it's empty go to Update Packagelist

Also if you uploaded files with the root account there might be an ownership problem and wp can't create the wp-config.php from wp-config-sample.php

malaperdas likes this.
  5. malaperdas

malaperdas New Member

Thanks for your input. I didn't know about the APS Installer. ;)
    Anyway, what I did was to increase the VPS RAM from 2GB -> 4GB from my service provider, and with all the available memory, it simply behaved as expected. When I was trying to install it, it showed 80-100MB free memory out of the 2GB (used command: top -o %MEM).

Off-topic:
    Is there a way to list cpu and memory usage by client? I know there is a disk quota for each client, but don't know how to check CPU and Memory, if that's even possible/