update from 3.0.5.4p8 to 3.0.5.4p9

Discussion in 'General' started by heater20, Jul 2, 2016.

1. heater20

heater20 New Member

While trying to update from 3.0.5.4p8 to 3.0.5.4p9 it would fail or stop the update after Creating backup of "/usr/local/ispconfig" directory... and Creating backup of "/etc" directory...! After running /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh I got the following output errors.
    PHP Fatal error: Class 'mysqli' not found in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 31
    PHP Stack trace:
    PHP 1. {main}() /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php:0
    PHP 2. require() /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php:32
    PHP 3. app->__construct() /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/app.inc.php:209
    PHP 4. app->load() /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/app.inc.php:45
    PHP 5. include_once() /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/app.inc.php:106
    I don't understand the errors and not sure if this is the problem with the update not working. Also noticed that I can not add new websites as well.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please post the output of:

php --version

3. heater20

heater20 New Member

Till thanks for your reply, I went ahead and reloaded the system.

4. John Ferreira

John Ferreira New Member

What was the solution... besides reloading the system?
    We have ubuntu server 16.04 with php7.0 and the latest ispconfig came up with the following:
    >> Update

Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS (Xenial Xerus)

This application will update ISPConfig 3 on your server.

Shall the script create a ISPConfig backup in /var/backup/ now? (yes,no) [yes]:

Creating backup of "/usr/local/ispconfig" directory...
    Creating backup of "/etc" directory...

Fatal error: Class 'mysqli' not found in /tmp/update_stable.sh.M1yAyJrahe/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/mysql.lib.php on line 31

======================

phpinfo shows php 7 and all is good as it works and is properly recognized with phpmyadmin and other software.
    Help! Thanks!

JP

php --version
    PHP 5.5.7 (cli) (built: Feb 27 2017 14:34:47)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2013 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2013 Zend Technologies

5. John Ferreira

John Ferreira New Member

I want to add that the system has been working for a long time and ispconfig updates going fine. All is working great besides this last update not going through and cannot find the reason for it... and so will very much appreciate any help. Thanks!

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The mysqli extension is missing in the PHP 5.5.7 cli.

7. John Ferreira

John Ferreira New Member

Yes, I thought so but I only have php7.0 and 5.6 installed. The phpinfo.php only shows version 7 . The 5.6 was installed as an option for ispconfig but at this moment we don't need it anymore because all the software was upgraded to work with php7 and so no sites use the older version. The system default and detected by phpinfo is version 7. Till now all updates for ispconfig have been done without any issue. I'll look into this issue further but accept some hints. Thanks for your quick reply!

8. John Ferreira

John Ferreira New Member

Ok, Found the issue. Like you said the problem is the missing extension. It is weird that the system shows
    phpinfo()
    PHP Version => 5.5.7
    under terminal but using the phpinfo.php file it shows all with php 7 version. I have to remove all the calls to the old version. Thanks for your quick reply calling my attention to the problem.

9. John Ferreira

John Ferreira New Member

After so many attempts at fixing this issue, after removing php 5... still cannot update ispconfig.
    Only have php7.0 installed and phpmyadmin and phpinfo only detect php7. All applications that require mysqli are running fine. I understand the issue is with the cli but when it still shows an old version (5.5.7) when running php -v.... I'm puzzled! Nobody seems to be able to help troubleshooting this issue. We cannot reinstall the server at this point as all the rest runs great, even ispconfig. Just don't want to leave ispconfig behind! Please, if there is any hint about how to solve this issue I'd be very grateful.