Multi-module website and subdomains

Discussion in 'General' started by suntribe, Nov 10, 2016.

1. suntribe

suntribe New Member

Hi there, I have a multi-module developed website with following structure placed in /var/www/domain.ltd/web folder:

/app -> main application files
    /public/apps -> part of the application that should run on apps.domain.ltd
    /public/frontend -> frontend part of the application that should run on domain.ltd

In order to access the frontend part by adding custom apache directives in Options tab (DocumentRoot "{DOCROOT}/public/frontend"), but then I'm left without any clue how to access the apps.domain.ltd that would have different doc root :)

If I create a separate site, then i can get it working but, then the application is split on different places and that simply isn't working.. both /public/apps and /public/frontend use models defined in /app ..

Any suggestions on how to solve this via ISPConfig? If it's not possible, I guess I'll have to manualy add virtual host to apache...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's possible, no need to edit any config files. Use a vhost subdomain for the apps subdomain.

suntribe likes this.
  3. suntribe

suntribe New Member

Hi Till, tnx for your answer. I thought that it should be possible somehow, but was clueless on how to achieve it. But, as far as I understood, I should go to 'Sites -> Websites -> Subdomain for website -> Add new subdomain'. Once, when I add the desired subdomain, what should I do next in order to give that subdomain it's own docroot? I see there the 'Options' tab, but it's empty :)

I'm on latest ISPConfig 3.1.1p1

4. suntribe

suntribe New Member

Aww :) I found it out. I had to turn on the setting in 'Settings -> Main config -> Create subdomains as web site'...