Reset client count on ispconfig 3

Discussion in 'General' started by WeaponX, Oct 18, 2012.

1. WeaponX

WeaponX New Member

Thanks in advanced.

I have a new server with ISPConfig 3 and i did few test accounts (clients with web and ftp). I am looking to reset the client database to start from scratch again instead of continuing the client count.
    For example: I Removed all clients and web information from ISPconfig 3 and all fields are empty. i also when into the database to remove all information there of all the clients. Also, i removed everything releated to the clients in /etc/passwd /etc/groups.

Then i created a new client with site and domain. Instead of giving client1 group1 web1 it gave me client5 group5 and web5.

How can i reset and start from scratch?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Use the truncate frunction from mysql if you want to empty a database table and reset its counters instaed of the delete function. Btw, maipulation records in the database and /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow can damage your ispconfig system.

3. WeaponX

WeaponX New Member

Thanks. Using Truncate funtion in mysql did the trick. I know it's dangerous to manipulate database fields and /etc/passwd /etc/group /etc/shadow. But i was carefull just to remove the fields with; web/client on them.
    Thanks again.

4. syncom

syncom New Member

can you tell me the commands to reset client and web counter?

5. lafleur

lafleur New Member

@syncom Hey, if it's still up-to-date, here's what you need to do.
    Althought you have deleted this data via ISPC3 web interface, it doesn't mean that it refreshed the native database as well, so try to reload both mysql and nginx services and/or clear the browser cache.

Regards,
    lafleur