Can't install Roundcube without Apache2

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by jascha, Oct 28, 2016.

1. jascha

jascha New Member

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's ok. just disable apache so that it does not start at boot time. see perfect server tutorials.

3. jascha

jascha New Member

Hey, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it turned out the tutorial isn't working with roundcube anymore, as they changed their config files' names and syntax. It's all quite confusing and I'm not sure if the corresponding plugins need a rewrite too: https://github.com/w2c/ispconfig3_roundcube.git

Is there a webmail alternative that works out of the box with nginx and ISPConfig?

Cheers,
    J

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

All webmail clients that support pop3 or imap and smtp are working with ISPConfig. The above plugin is not required to use roundcube with ispconfig, it's just an optional addon, I do not use it on any of my servers where I use roundcube and ISPConfig. The same functions that this optional plugin offers for mail users are available in ISPConfig when the mail user logs into ispconfig with his email address and password.

The installation instructions for roundcube for ispconfig 3.1 are also available in each ispconfig 3.1 perfect server tutorial.

5. jascha

jascha New Member

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately the perfect server tutorials using Debian 8 and NGINX don't include Roundcube.
    And the previously mentioned tutorial doesn't work anymore. :(

Cheers,
    J

6. rica5736

rica5736 New Member

I have exactly the same problem not using apache. using deb 8 and nginx

7. jeebus rice

jeebus rice New Member

I agree with till, try disabling apache and see if that works. :)

8. sukk741

sukk741 New Member

Unfortunately, the lesson complete server using Debian 8 and NGINX excluding RoundCube. And the previously mentioned tutorial does not work anymore.