Adding PHP7 after Ubunto Release Update from 14.04 to 16.04

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Massa, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Massa

Massa New Member

Hi Till,

i have done an ispconfig update to 3.1 and afterward i did a release update from LTS 14.04 to 16.04...
    Sry... i didnt read the recomendations do ipconfig update later... =)

Now my old configured websites running php5.5.9 and the /var/www/html runs in php7.0 (which is now standard php version)
    I tried to add an additional php version to the ispconfig:

Path to the PHP FastCGI binary: /etc/alternatives/php
    Path to the php.ini directory: /etc/php/7.0/apache2

the php-fcgi-starter is updated correctly, but the website still shows php5.5.9

How can i add both versions in the backend to choose for each website?

Cheers and Greetings from Hamburg
    Franky

2. Massa

Massa New Member

Help! =)

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

4. Massa

Massa New Member

Hi Till,

i know this scenario, when i want to add a new php version to the mashine. I have done this many time - worked like a charm! =)

But...

on my server was Ubuntu 14.04 (ispconfig 3.0) with php 5.5.9 up and running. My website is still runing with this original php 5.5.9 version (not in /opt/*) after updating to Ubuntu 16.04. But if i type in "java -version" i now get 7.0, which means php 7.0 is now the system wide standard (comes with the OS update).
    Both versions running simultaniusly now and the only thing i wanna do is to get the system standard php 7.0 in my ispconfig 3.1 additional php versions to select it at the drop down menu.

Is there a way to do this ?

Big thx
    Franky

5. Massa

Massa New Member

really need help! =)

6. chico11mbit

chico11mbit Member

it would be fine to write a tutorial for updating ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04 with the special issues for ispconfig 3.1.1 and the installed software from the perfect server tutorials. i think a lot of people will run in this later...

7. jokerdes

jokerdes New Member

i am also interested...