Error pure-ftpd and mysql

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by wirki, Dec 19, 2016.

1. wirki

wirki New Member

Hello. I followed this tutorial for ubuntu 16.04. https://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-...-and-bandwidth-management-on-ubuntu-14.04-lts. And when I put all the data to connect with filezilla I get this error. Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".Also tested from the ubuntu terminal and I get connection refused. anyone know how I can solve it? I am using a vps server. checked port 21 and it is open.
    Thank you very much.

2. wirki

wirki New Member

I'm checking and pure-ftpd apparently does not start.
    I execute Systemctl status pure-ftpd-mysql.service
    And shows me this:
    Root @ vps338639: /etc/init.d# systemctl status pure-ftpd-mysql.service
    ● pure-ftpd-mysql.service
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/pure-ftpd-mysql; bad; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since lun 2016-12-19 23:19:01 CET; 11min ago
    Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
    Process: 1942 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/pure-ftpd-mysql start (code=exited, status=255)

dic 19 23:19:01 vps338639 systemd[1]: Starting pure-ftpd-mysql.service...
    dic 19 23:19:01 vps338639 pure-ftpd-mysql[1942]: Starting ftp server: /usr/sbin/pure-ftpd-wrapper: Invalid configuration file /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/ChrootEveryone: "echo "yes" > /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/ChrootEveryone" not convertible to true or false
    dic 19 23:19:01 vps338639 systemd[1]: pure-ftpd-mysql.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=255
    dic 19 23:19:01 vps338639 systemd[1]: Failed to start pure-ftpd-mysql.service.
    dic 19 23:19:01 vps338639 systemd[1]: pure-ftpd-mysql.service: Unit entered failed state.
    dic 19 23:19:01 vps338639 systemd[1]: pure-ftpd-mysql.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thank you very much.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Edit the file:

/etc/pure-ftpd/conf/ChrootEveryone

and change its content to "yes".

wirki likes this.
  4. wirki

wirki New Member

If I think I have it right. Inside the file I put this
    echo "yes"> / etc / pure-ftpd / conf / ChrootEveryone

5. till

No, that's wrong. Please do what I told you above.

wirki likes this.
  6. wirki

wirki New Member

I just changed it and now it connects and goes perfect.
    From what I understood the error esque I copied all the line of the tutorial and only made it necessary to put Yes in the file that has to be created.

Thank you very much for your great help. Everything is working properly now.

regards

7. till

Yes. The line is a command which should have been executed, it creates the file /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/ChrootEveryone with the word "yes" inside.

8. wirki

wirki New Member

If correct, you are quite right, as you can see I am quite new to Linux. For another time, it sure does not happen to me anymore, hahaha

Thank you very much for helping me, regards.