ispconfig sites --> IP address * and x.x.x.x how to block

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ngoyette, Oct 3, 2011.

1. ngoyette

ngoyette Member

Hello

i am trying ispconfig because we have some client in our small company "me and the boss" , and we have come upon 2 question...

First one is we made couple of client , and one of them went and modified the IP-address from * to x.x.x.x (x.x.x.x being our real server ip address) and any request made to the server pointed to his site...
    How can we block our user from changing this or can we LOCK then to * ?

Second one is we have 1 customer needing fetchmail to get email from old account,,, this work alright , but how can we decide the fetch sequence? like if we want to fetch every 5 minutes ? how can we do this for 1 client?

thank you!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This function has been added in ISPConfiog 3.0.4 Beta 1. Please see developer forum.

3. ngoyette

ngoyette Member

well i upgraded to the beta .. but i cannot find the option .. care to point it to me please?

4. till

System > Server IP

5. ngoyette

ngoyette Member

thank you but this is confusing :(

i am looking to remove access to user to change from * to x.x.x.x ( where x.x.x.x is registered ip)

[​IMG]

if customer change * to my server ip he overtake and we see his website regardless of name type in browser....

so i would like to remove this option from user CPL .. is it posible? and how thank you for your help its appreciated!

6. till

You looked at the wrong module in ispconfig, go to system > server IP and not sites > website. Under System > Server IP, you can assign any IP address to a client. If a IP is assigned to a client, no other client can use it.

7. ngoyette

ngoyette Member

Its hard for me to explain :( ...

i only have 1 ip .last time customer changed from the default star ( * ) to our server IP ( lets say 64.30.130.1 for argument) any domain typed anywhere ( we host 6 domain ) leaded to this customer web site bypassing all the other...

we would type example1.domain1.com --> goes to this.customer.com then we typed mail.anothercustomer.ca ---> went to this.customer.com ..

but your telling me that if i force the server ip in the drop down box it will make it so that all my customer web site are forced onto our IP but will keep the virtal site on their respective domain?

thank you very much for your help!

8. till

Your problem is clear and its easy to solve. Look at my posts above, so there is a function that allows you to assign a ip to a client and if this ip is assigned to a client, then nobody else can select it. So the solution is that you go to System > server IP, edit the IP address and select a client that shall own this IP. This client can be a new client named e.g. "myself" and does not has to own any websites. And after you have done that, you will see that none of your customers is able to select the IP anymore, all other customers see only * in their selectboxes in the website settings.

9. ngoyette

ngoyette Member

ohhhh yes now its clear!!!

thank you!

10. samsagaz

samsagaz New Member

Sorry for post in this old thread, but the question is related to this.
    Btw, is not possible to assing same IP to same users? or at least to one group?
    Im have 4 or 5 users in my server, and i dont want to display the IPs or let users to just use one of the 5 IP that i have registered in the server.