This forum is for general Linux installation/configuration issues, not for ISPConfig!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by falko, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rod

Rod New Member

Bootable CD

Hi Falko, I downloaded the GNOME 11 file and saved it to my CD. It is there, I checked. I took the CD to another (older) computer and tried to install like the instructions said. Unfortunately that computer is one I tried to install version 5 on and was unsuccessful because of repeating keyboard hits. Each time I start up the computer with the CD in it starts from the 5.0 loader and does not recognize a CD in the drive.

What would you suggest. Maybe the hardware is just not compatible. It is a Celeron 400, with 256 Megs of RAM and 20 Gig HD.

I tried going to a site that shows how to make the CD bootable but I could not follow the computerese.

Thanks for whatever you can do for me.

Rod

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you burn the iso as a bootable CD or as a data CD?

3. smaj84

smaj84 New Member

Y nobody is replying my question? I have made a thread regarding php..

4. rzlines

rzlines New Member

5. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

@rzlines: done (ispconfig 3 section, as neither your post nor the howto did refer to any specific ispconfig version).

6. breauxlg

breauxlg New Member

Really sorry

I'm really sorry. Didn't even see the linux designation. Thanks for moving my post. Breauxlg.

7. struggled_newbie

struggled_newbie New Member

verify

hello,

my 1st time here, did I also accidentally posted a wrong question on my problem question? I think no one has read my post

8. daviidwilson

daviidwilson New Member

If your problem is related to ISPConfig, post it in the ISPConfig forum, otherwise here. If I think you posted it in the wrong forum I will move it to the right one, so don't be afraid of posting in the wrong forum.

9. miguelaraujo

miguelaraujo New Member

Thanks

I am new i try to leard all about this

10. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

YOU're MISTAKEN!

What you're talking about? You're NOT an Moderator nor Administrator of this forum and do NOT have any power to move anything from anybody else and even NOT from YOU!

Also; if you copy and paste anything from anybody else, use Quote Tag's and NOT show such as written by YOU!

11. bobbob

bobbob New Member

OK

12. sukk741

sukk741 New Member

Maybe you need to start your administrative post moves around. Sorry, I'll post it in the appropriate place in the future.

13. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Sorry, first time using a forum

14. sobhsepid

sobhsepid New Member

the ISPconfig forum options bring you into this forum too which adds to the confusion of where your are and what to do for a new user.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.