Problem with Postmaster ...

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by guillaume14, Jul 30, 2006.

1. guillaume14

guillaume14 New Member

Hi all !

I am a newbie with Ispconfig and i have a little alias problem. When i check my domain with www.dnsreport.com for instance i have an error:

ERROR: One or more of your mailservers does not accept mail to [email protected]. Mailservers are required (RFC822 6.3, RFC1123 5.2.7, and RFC2821 4.5.1) to accept mail to postmaster.
    www.domain.be's postmaster response: >>> RCPT TO:<[email protected]> <<< 554 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied

I have created a user for domain.be and a "postmaster" alias for that user but still no luck. AndI was not able to find a solution in the forums ...

Can someone help ? Thanks a lot !

Guillaume

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Does your website www.domain.be has a co-domain domain.be (with empty host field)?

3. guillaume14

guillaume14 New Member

Thanks for your help !

Yes i have one co-domain named domain.be with no host field

Guillaume

4. guillaume14

guillaume14 New Member

Me again....

Something strange i forgot to mention. I have only one A record (www) and one MX record (www.domain.be) for my domain. When i check my domain with dnsreport.com everything is OK with my MX record.

How can i have the following message (meaning "i have found the A record corresponding to your MX record")

Your 1 MX record is:
    10 www.domain.be. [TTL=86400] IP=xx.xx.xx.xx [TTL=86400] [FR]

and the following one:

ERROR: Timeout. I could not reach any of your nameservers to get a list of your WWW A records! They are likely down or unreachable.

I don't understand ...
    Thanks !
    Guillaume

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please post your real domain name here. What's your server's public IP address?

6. guillaume14

guillaume14 New Member

Oopps there was a problem with my firewall (port redirection problem i think). Now everything is OK !

Thanks a lot for your time falko !

Now i have a problem with register_globals but i am gonna make a new topic for that.

Guillaume