register_globals: how does it work !

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by guillaume14, Aug 1, 2006.

1. guillaume14

guillaume14 New Member

Hi all !

I need to build an oscommerce site and i need register_globals to be On. So i have checked the "PHP Scripts" and the "PHP Safe Mode" boxes but i still have the "Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration" when i launch my site.

In my "root/ispconfig/php/php.ini" the "register_globals" directive is set to "Off". Is this ok ?

Thanks a lot !

Guillaume

2. Stanev

Stanev New Member

Hi you should put "php_flag register_globals on" in Apache Directives for this site in ISP Config in Basis tab

3. guillaume14

guillaume14 New Member

Hi Stanev and thaks for your help !

If i put "php_flag register_globals on" in Apache Directives for this site in ISP Config in Basis tab like u said it does not work and the "# php_flag register_globals on # NOT SUPPORTED!" message is displayed.

Thank you !

4. Stanev

Stanev New Member

5. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

Alternatively use the contrib that fixes the register_global requirement for osC.

The contrib can be found here. I have to admit that I have downloaded the contrib but not installed it yet so don't yell at me if it requires some additional tweaking :)

6. guillaume14

guillaume14 New Member

Thanks Stanev !

But that's not a solution: that's a workaround because the solution is to make Oscommerce work with register_globals= Off. But i can't to that cause some of my contributions ar register_globals = On.

Any tip on how register_globals is working with Ispconfig ?

Thanks a lot !
    Guillaume

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Did you try
    Code:
    php_admin_value register_globals On
    in the Apache Directives field of that web sites in ISPConfig, as suggested by Stanev?

8. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion New Member

tested. this solve the problem

remember to enable HTTPD (in ISPConfig) to the user that create the site.