Debian 9 with ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by Gixxa, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Gixxa

Gixxa New Member

Hi Guys,

just wanted to ask what the status of ISPConfig 3 and Debian 9 is. Does it work already or would you recommend to stick with Debian 8 for the time?

2. irobot

irobot New Member

Actually i try'ed debian 9 but its not suppoted yet.
    However it does work but some things didn't with me like the letsencrypt
    But i must say i have no knowlidge of these thing on how to get it to work i just follow instructions :confused:

3. mmdollar

mmdollar Member

I will be trying it very soon, if it's only let's encrypt the problem I can live with it for a couple of weeks. A word from the mods would be nice. :)

4. irobot

irobot New Member

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can read on ispconfig.org when an OS is supported as you can find a perfect server installation guide there in that case :)

6. mmdollar

mmdollar Member

Well then I will wait for you guys :p, thanks for the reply.

7. fireba11

fireba11 Member

@till Also, some notes how to update a debian8 already running ispconfig would be appreciated if there are any special caveats

8. Pasquini

Pasquini New Member

I changed "jessie" by "stretch", in /etc/apt/sources.list
    then :
    $ apt-get update
    $ apt-get upgrade
    $ apt-get dist-upgrade
    no problem so far. Of course make some backup, don't use in production ;)

9. till

10. Pasquini

Pasquini New Member

Thx, it worked fine, I just add this ligne "sql-mode="NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"" in /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf
    It's my bad, I should have wait the version 3.1.4 before my distrib update.
    Long live ISPConfig !

11. DDArt

DDArt Member

I found out the wrong way, but good backups are always good. I do weekly updates, and when I saw tons of updates I thought of maybe Debian with their release 9, decided to release some for 8.

I was under the impression that sudo apt-get update && time sudo apt-get upgrade I was safe till I noticed I was upgraded to 9, and seemed IPSCONFIG worked logging in and saw the notice of a new upgrade, did that and didn't work.

I did not use apt-get dist-upgrade, nor did I do, 'do-release-upgrade' so now I have to do some digging. Maybe someone can chime in but apt-get upgrade, kernel packages should be held back..

12. fireba11

fireba11 Member

Note: Upgraded yesterday.
    As per Debian-guide apt update first, then apt dist-upgrade.
    Hickups:
    Dovecot hat !SSLv2 (openssl doesn't know about that anymore, so remove it)
    MySQL migration stumbled around a bit with the phpmyadmin db, had to do a round of db check on that.
    Had ISPconfig reconfiure everything (and then switch some of my own configs in again since i messed with some things).

13. DDArt

DDArt Member

So ideally is to update ISP to latest version 3.1.4, and after run the apt-get upgrade and or dist-upgrade, after do the ispconfig_update.sh to update any changes. Or, do the ISPConfig Upgrade, Dist Upgrade, and after ispconfig_update.sh.

Wanted to make sure I follow the ideal/proper path to upgrade and not break anything.
    Thanks,

14. till

First Linux upgrade, then ISPConfig update.

DDArt likes this.
  15. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

(and then reconfigure services I guess during the update)

16. DDArt

DDArt Member

Yes, I did that, my only concern now is let's encrypt. Right after the upgrade, reboot I went and activated SSL + Let's Encrypt for a domain.
    Logs show:
    Code:
    2017-06-23 DEBUG:certbot.storage:Archive directory /etc/letsencrypt/archive/mydomain.com and live directory /etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomain.com created.
    2017-06-23 DEBUG:certbot.storage:Writing certificate to /etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomain.com/cert.pem.
    2017-06-23 DEBUG:certbot.storage:Writing private key to /etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomain.com/privkey.pem.
    2017-06-23 DEBUG:certbot.storage:Writing chain to /etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomain.com/chain.pem.
    2017-06-23 DEBUG:certbot.storage:Writing full chain to /etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomain.com/fullchain.pem.
    2017-06-23 DEBUG:certbot.storage:Writing README to /etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomain.com/README.
    2017-06-23 DEBUG:certbot.storage:Writing new config /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/mydomain.com.conf.
    2017-06-23 DEBUG:certbot.reporter:Reporting to user: Congratulations! Your certificate and chain have been saved at /etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomain.com/fullchain.pem. Your cert  will expire on 2017-09-21. To obtain a new or tweaked version of this certificate in the future, simply run letsencrypt-auto again. To non-interactively renew *all* of your certificates, run "letsencrypt-auto renew"
    2017-06-23 DEBUG:certbot.reporter:Reporting to user: If you like Certbot, please consider supporting our work by:

But /var/www/mydomain.com/ssl/ shows normal mydomain.com.trt, csr, key, but not linked to /etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomain.*
    I'll try to read and see why ISPCONFIG is not creating links / ln between the files.

17. Crunkstar

Crunkstar New Member

Is it important in what order I upgrade master and slave ?

18. till

Master first, then slaves.

19. borekon

borekon New Member

Updating from Debian wheezy (7) to Debian Jessie (8) is easy. But upgrading from Jessie to Stretch (9) is a bit harder because conflicts with installations of php5 and php7.
    It works, but it takes time to get it working fine