Node.js Control Panel for ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by AustJames, Jun 29, 2017.

?

Should we open-source iiWebi Node.js Control Panel?

1. Yes, but I won't contribute

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Yes, and I will contribute

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I don't see the point of this solution

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AustJames

AustJames New Member

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well out there. A friend and I have developed a node.js control panel (called iiWebi) for ISPConfig which we were using for our web hosting service; however we are now considering open sourcing the control panel and a number of modules and security features that we have developed. As you may know, node.js is a modern javascript runtime based on Google's V8 Javascript runtime.

Dashboard
    [​IMG]
    Mobile & Tablet View
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Install WordPress
    [​IMG]
    Select Datacentre
    [​IMG]

Password Reset
    [​IMG]

The dashboard features the following:
    1. Dependant on ISPConfig for service provisioning and fully integrates - does not work with any other control panel (cPanel, Plesk etc)
    2. Works on all devices
    3. Utilises MongoDb for customer management. Encrypts customer details in ISPConfig.
    4. Full recurring billing integration with Braintree.
    5. Data Centre Selection
    6. Domain search and sell integration with Resellerclub.
    7. Fully automated customer sign-up progress.
    8. Plan selection
    9. SMS verification on signup - customers must enter a code sent to their mobile phone on signup.
    10. SMS based password reset
    11. Full customer administration
    12. System logging
    13. Easily scalable with ISPConfig
    14. Easy app installation - WordPress, Drupal etc

The reason I am posting in here is to understand if there is any interest in this solution in conjunction with ISPConfig or if there is a plan to move ISPConfig to a node.js platform. As you may know, moving a product to open source is not an easy thing to do and if there is support out there we will be likely to move forward with open sourcing the solution.

Please let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

Cheers

James

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hi James,

this looks really cool and it would be great if you would OpenSource it. There are currently no plans to move ISPConfig to node.js as it would probably mean to write the software again from scratch. But that we add Node.js in ISPConfig as a website feature is very likely.

3. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Really looking nice. As I do not know node.js programming, I would not be able to contribute. Anyway I'd like seeing this getting open source.

4. AustJames

AustJames New Member

Thank you for the feedback :) We have decided to proceed to open source the control panel. I expect that it will take us 4-6 weeks before it's available as we need to prepare the packages, spin-off a few NPM modules, setup the site, make a few updates, create documentation etc.

I will keep everyone updated on the progress from here. In the meantime, please reach out if you have any questions.

Cheers

James

5. AleksssBoss157

AleksssBoss157 New Member

I am waiting to see the control panel.After it's done I can test it and give you feedback and I would like to test it and see if it's suitable for my servers.

AustJames likes this.
  6. AustJames

AustJames New Member

Hi Everyone,
    We are making progress and the site is now available at https://iiwebi.com

It is still a working progress; however we should be looking good in the next few weeks. Currently working on setting up a CMS for documentation and cleaning up the package to release on GitHub.

I will keep you posted.

James

Jesse Norell and till like this.
  7. AleksssBoss157

AleksssBoss157 New Member

Ok thanks, I will be waiting to test it out.