ISPConfig 2.0.9 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Sep 17, 2005.

1. domino

domino New Member

That could easily be reproduced. I have done that maybe 50x in the past :rolleyes:

2. linuxfast

linuxfast New Member

Yup I've done this many a time too.
    Annoying because sometimes wget manages to pick up the destination OK and sometimes it doesn't.

Incidentally, a flawless upgrade to 2.0.9 here, well done guys.

3. dianer

dianer New Member

ISPConfig

I used the link:
    http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/ispconfig/ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz

Okay, I've downloaded the file....I am still getting the message
    gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
    tar: Child returned status 1
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous error

Is this because of the saslauthd error I'm getting?

Why is it telling me it is not in gzip format?

4. domino

domino New Member

Yups, some times those types of links deter leeching and most of the time, they are just redirect links to the real download link.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

When you type in that URL in a browser you'll see that this is not the direct download link, it's just an HTML page where you can select your download mirror. So again you're trying to unpack an HTML page...
    To help you out, I post a direct download link of a mirror in North America (That's where you are, I guess):
    http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/ispconfig/ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz

6. dranieri

dranieri New Member

ls
    dbootstrap_settings ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz.1
    install-report.template ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz.2
    ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz?download

7. falko

??? What do you mean with that?

8. dranieri

dranieri New Member

Tar

ccs1:~# tar xvfz ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
    tar: Child returned status 1
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    No matter what link we try this is the error gotten.

When typing in ls because so many things have been downloaded this is what is gotten.

ccs1:~# ls
    dbootstrap_settings ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz.1
    install-report.template ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz.2
    ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz?download

9. domino

domino New Member

Ok. Falko, it's all you :). i don't want to confuse things any further.

@dranieri, delete everything in the directoty where you downloaded ISPConfig and start all over again. There is something you obviousely are doing wrong. 300+ members can install, including me 5x, so I don't see why you cant.

10. dianer

dianer New Member

ispconfig

you are absolutely right....duh, i should have known that....thanks, i will do that.

11. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

12. domino

domino New Member

It doesn't work for me either. It may be a problem, but then again, maybe not. It may be an anti-leech deterent so it doesn't mess up the download or visit stats.

I do it all the time with some personal files I share online. I also use an anti-leech system so that download managers can not download more than 1 segments at a time on a single IP.

13. dianer

dianer New Member

mysql server

when i get to the part in the installation where it asks for mysql server, i never set that up....

is there a way to bypass that part of the installation?

14. falko

:eek: No way! The MySQL database is the heart of ISPConfig, that's where it stores all necessary information.

15. dianer

dianer New Member

ISPConfig

We can access ispconfig using the ip address w/ :81 at the end, but when we type https://www.candlevolt.com:81 we get an error message....what am i doing wrong? I read the manual in its entirety and cannot seem to find the information to correct this.

16. dianer

dianer New Member

Figured it out.....

We figured this out on our own......it seems that if there is a router in the mix, you need to make sure that port 81 is opened.....also, the name servers must be set up correctly....unfortunately, nothing was mentioned in the manual about the port enabling......sorry to take up space, but hey, when there's a question, who better to go to than the ones that know the answers. :)

17. domino

domino New Member

Funny! :D I can acces it just fine here. There is a thread about it in this forum somewhere

I don't think your router has anything to do with ISPConfig :). Most servers don't have routers like ours and there are far too many routers with different configuration for the devs to support. IMO, it's really up to the users to know what is going on with there router, computer, and network scheme.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  18. falko

Yes, because ISPConfig is intended for "real" servers that have public IP addresses and don't work behind a router. Of course you can use it behind a router in your home network (many people on this forum seem to do so), but that's not what the software is intended for. :)

19. dianer

dianer New Member

"real" server

we do have a "real" server....when we originally started this process, we did state that we were building a server to provide web space as an isp......apparently, we are just incompetent fools, or that is what it appears is thought of us, we have followed your tutorials step by step and have only asked questions when we have exhausted all other resources.....we have just found another site that has allowed us to get farther in a couple of hours than we have in 2 weeks......we are, in fact, a business attempting to start development in another arena....we are sorry for any inconvenience or problems we have caused with our questions....we were both under the assumption that this forum was to help people just like us. :(

20. domino

domino New Member

Dear dianer,

The only inconvenience is that you aren't able to get your server running they way you want it. I speak for myself and I don't think your questions aren't in any way an inconvenience. However, the questions you post I have sean and read many times on many forums such as http://www.linuxquestions.org/, http://webhostingtalk.com/, http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/, and many others. Please don't limit yourself with the facts and answers here on this forum. There are countless of other places to extract information from.

Kind regards,
    Domino