Generate Password Not Working After Update

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ghostshell, Nov 14, 2017.

1. ghostshell

ghostshell Member

I did an update recently and now when selecting generate password it does nothing. I can still enter and save a new password, but did like the generate option.

ISPConfig: 3.1.7-p1
    Server: Ubuntu 15.X i think

Never had this problem before.

When i go to the page to change a password anywhere whether it be FTP, DB etc.. it also auto shows on the page without doing anything

Should I run the update command again?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Looks like a browser problem. I guess that a password autofill plugin in your browser fills in the password plus you might have a plugin installed in your browser that blocks the script to generate and fill in the password.

3. ghostshell

ghostshell Member

After some browser testing you were spot on, I only recently installed Canvas Defender, but once I have the site fully working in Chrome again I will post if that is what it was.

4. ghostshell

ghostshell Member

Hate to report that I can only get ISPConfig generate password to work in IE. I have updated to the latest Chrome, deleted all extensions and even tried a incognito tab and still the same issues. Downloaded Firefox and it does the same thing. I can only get it to fully work in IE 11. Edge also does not work and I never ever use it at all, when opening Edge it opened the first run page as if was never used. I literally hate Edge but wanted to try all browsers I had direct access to, did not try opera. If it were a system thing I would assume that it would effect all the browsers on my computer including the two built in ones IE 11 and Edge. If it were the extension I added in Chrome as that is my main browser it would not affect the other 3 as FF was a fresh new install. Normally I only use Chrome.

5. ghostshell

ghostshell Member

I am happy to say after research and log reviews and checking recent updates made I found the issue on the web server side and nothing to do with the browsers themselves. Had to know what the issue was, couldn't let it go.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

And what caused the issue? This might help others with the same problem :)

7. ghostshell

ghostshell Member

Apache has new header security and if not set properly it breaks some of the sites back-end functions in FireFox, Chrome, Opera, Edge, but not IE since IE had crap for security.