IMAP Error: Login failed Roundcube

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by greenman1, Nov 12, 2017.

1. greenman1

greenman1 New Member

Hi again.
    I have problem with imap connect.
    1. Roundcube error log
    Code:
    IMAP Error: Login failed for [email protected] from MYIP AUTHENTICATE PLAIN: * OK Waiting for authentication process to respond.. in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 193 (POST /webmail/?_task=login&_action=login)
    2. mail.log
    Code:
    dovecot: auth-worker(4312): Error: mysql(localhost): Connect failed to database (roundcube): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 5 seconds before retry
    In config password is correct and roundcube working and I see login window (screen in attached files)

But when i login with account added by ISPconfig logs show pkt 1.

Back to moment when I install ispconfig. I skipped mailserver configuration and connection to mysql, after this I add tables to mysql manual. Then roundcube working but next problems are now.

Anyone help?
    Sorry for my eng :)

Attached Files:

2. greenman1

greenman1 New Member

600 views and anyone know how solved this?
    Now, when I attempts to solve this have this error in mail.log
    Code:
    dovecot: auth-worker(344): Error: sql(admin,::1,<JD+NBBteJowAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>): Password query failed: Table 'roundcube.mail_user' doesn't exist
    This error show that the table is missing. The table I have in dbispconfig but the error shows that, there is a roundcube prefix. Where can I change it?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Your mail log shows that your dovecot connects with user root, but on ISPConfig systems, dovecot bever uses the root user to connect to mysql, I guess your dovecot config has been edited manually.

That's not a prefix, you must have changed the dovecot.conf file to connect to the roundcube database and not ISPConfig database.

To fix your config and clean up the manual edits that have been made in dovecot config: download ISPConfig again, unpack it, run the update.php script in the install folder and choose to reconfigure services during update.

ambikaahuja likes this.