Moving ISPConfig 3.0.4.2 to Ubuntu 16.04

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rusty, Feb 14, 2018.

1. rusty

rusty Member

Can someone tell me what my options are? Trying to move ISPConfig 3.0.4.2 on Ubuntu 10.04 PHP 5.3.2 to Ubuntu 16.04. Followed howtoforge perfect server for ubuntu 16.04.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I would say there are two options:
    1) Upgrade the Ubuntu from to 12.04, then to 14.04 and finally to 16.04. Then follow the perfect server quide for Ubuntu 16.04 and install any missing pieces of software and check settings are done OK. Then upgrade ISPConfig.
    2) install a ubuntu 16.04 and ISPConfig 3.1.11 on a different host using the Perfect server quide, and use Migration Toolkit to move all the data from old host to new. https://www.ispconfig.org/add-ons/ispconfig-migration-tool/

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    ahrasis and till like this.
  3. rusty

rusty Member

Thanks for the reply. option 2 wasn't possible because old server didn't meet minimum requirements. option 1 not good because this is a production server and it being so out of date was afraid to do anything risky. I ended up manually recreating ISPConfig onto the new server by reentering the data (very tedious). I did import the user_ftp table because that was so very large and added fields to make it compliant with ISPconfig 3.1.11. New server is looking good and it serves me right for letting it get so out-of-date.

ahrasis likes this.