ispconfig 3.1.1 email server can't send/receiving email at all.

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by siusun, Mar 4, 2018.

1. siusun

siusun New Member

hi
    i am using https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...l-pureftpd-bind-postfix-doveot-and-ispconfig/
    to install the server, and since my ip address is dynamic ip form my adsl, so i bought the noip.com and register a new domain from them
    so i just put my email server and web server on noip.com and direct to my ip addess. and i setup the noip duc in that ubuntu already.
    everything is working fine, but the email server can't even send or receiving outside mail at all. (i can send private server email no problem)
    here is report from isp system check 3.1
    also i am using my adsl router for ip : 192.168.2.2 *my adsl model was on 192.168.2.1 , also all my port was open already.

only the mail server not working, i didn't setup any dns at all. since i only using 1 server to host this, on my noip.com my domain nameserver =
    ns1.no-ip.com ns2.no-ip.com ns3.no-ip.com ns4.no-ip.com ns5.no-ip.com
    need some help please
    thank you

Attached Files:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

IP addresses from ADSL lines are normally blocked by all providers for mail sending to prevent spam, so you can not run a mail server on such an IP. And many DSL providers block mail ports in addition to that.

If you like to run your own mail server, then you should consider renting a small vServer which is in a datacenter and run your server there. The alternative to that would be to use a relay server for sending email that you can configure under system > server config > mail in ISPConfig, but if your provider blocks incoming email, then this will not help.

3. siusun

siusun New Member

ok
    thank for your idea, oh ya by the way, I am using fibre internet, are fibre connect same interface as adsl? also in noip.com, there are
    Alternate-port SMTP https://www.noip.com/managed-mail#self-hosted
    do I thing that will help? because when I am using noip to forward my domain to my ip address on webhosting part, it have no problem at all.
    I need some more information from that.
    thank you

4. till

This might help with mail sending (that's what I mentioned above as relay server) but it won't help with mail receiving in case that your provider blocks port 25 incoming. You might want to contact the support of your fiber provider and ask them if mail servers can be run on the lines they provide, especially if they block port 25 incoming.

5. siusun

siusun New Member

thanks you for the information =D:)

6. siusun

siusun New Member

can you help me 1 more thing, can you help me double check if my postfix file setting good on this ispconfig 3.1.1 setup?
    thank you

Attached Files:

7. till

The config files are looking fin so far.