Changes not updating sitting in Que.

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Jason Brashear, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Jason Brashear

Jason Brashear New Member

Hello,

I am running ISPCONFIG 3 on Ubuntu 16.04 I am no longer able to add new sites or databases. Really anything. It just seems to be stuck at: The following changes are not yet populated to all servers.

I am looking for some help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. Jason Brashear

I just ran this:
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    and it cleared them out. But is this an issue? Is this due to a lock file or the cron not working properly?

4. till

When this cleared up the queue, then probably the cron daemon of the linux system is not started or the server.sh script is not listed in the root crontab.

Example of the root crontab, content listed with 'crontab -l':

* * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh 2>&1 | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done
    * * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron.sh 2>&1 | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done

5. Jason Brashear

Thank you. That was it. I added this to my cron but now my server locks up every day. I removed the cron and that stopped the server from no longer responding. I have no idea how to Troubleshoot this, there is nothing in syslog.

6. till

Add just the first line. If it does not lock up anymore, then the reason must be a cron plugin which gets executed by the second line and we can try to find that then.

7. Jason Brashear

Those lines look identical. I only added the first one.

8. till

They are not identical, take a look at the command path, the first line calls server.sh, the second line calls cron.sh, two dompletely different scripts. If you just added the first line, then the cleanup scripts will not run. In that case, add both.

Btw. I wonder how you lost these lines in root crontab as these exist on any ISPConfig server, ISPConfig will basically do nothing without them as the whole server side part is not running without these two lines.

9. Jason Brashear

I'm not sure how they were removed. But with them, both added my server will fail to respond within 24 hours. I am a bit concerned about this.

10. till

What exactly means 'fail'?

11. Jason Brashear

The server is Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and is at Google on a Compute Engine. The server shows that it is still on, yet
    I cannot access it from the console, SSH or any webpage. It is completely non-responsive. If I restart the server from the Google Console, the server comes back online and all services are functioning. If the ISPConfig cron lines are removed this does not occure.

12. till

This is really strange, I've never seen that on a server. You say that the server.sh locks it up and not cron.sh? server.sh does not run any timed tasks, so I don't see how it could lock up the system once a day if something like that happens then I would expect it from cron.sh and not server.sh. So you are sure that it happens only when server.sh is active and not cron.sh?

What you might do is that you enable debug log level in ISPConfig under System > server config and then look at the log files in /var/log/ispconfig/ after the server has locked up to see which last action is logged before the lock up.