Postfix Spam Filter using Ubuntu Dapper, MailScanner and ClamAV(beta)

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by H8LinuxLOL, Jul 28, 2006.

1. H8LinuxLOL

H8LinuxLOL New Member

I AM A NEW LINUX USER, I HAVE NEVER TOUCHED IT BEFORE...I AM USING UBUNTU 6.06

i have followed everything in the tutorial but i am stuck as to wondering where the mailscanner and amavis programs are to be installed, it also references the user "amavis" but i don't see anywhere that there is some kind of a user that is created that is called "amavis" and in the last paragragh on the last page when you run the command it asks for "uid amavis" but i don't remember creating the user "amavis" and when i delete this from the command it runs correctly but with it there i get a "invalid user" error, is there a page missing before page 4 or something? any help is well appreciated

2. H8LinuxLOL

H8LinuxLOL New Member

wow, thankz for the answers everyone...does anyone know how to fix this?

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

This is a free forum, you can expect to get answer within ten minutes. But be assured that we read your posts and try to help you. :) If you need fast and professional support, you can contact us under [email protected] (but of course, we charge for this kind of support).

What's the output of
    Code:
    grep amavis /etc/passwd
    ?

4. H8LinuxLOL

H8LinuxLOL New Member

Thankz

thx, i got it...i just followed da other link in ya howto

5. H8LinuxLOL

H8LinuxLOL New Member

amavis:x:106:114:AMaViS system user,,,:/var/lib/amavis:/bin/sh...

that is what i got when i typed it, and is there a way that i can test the installation now that i have eveything installed?

6. falko

7. fdalmoro

fdalmoro New Member HowtoForge Supporter

@H8LinuxLOL - amavid-new should not install, MailScanner and Amavids-new basically do the same thing, you should not have them both on the same system.

I will be updating the documentation this coming week, I posted it as beta becaus it was more of a post for personal reference and I didn't think it would get much attention.

8. falko

Each tutorial on HowtoForge gets several hundred reads per day! :)

9. H8LinuxLOL

H8LinuxLOL New Member

i got everything working right, im just re-installin everything to have mah isshh fresh...thankx for ya help, i just used the other tutorial