quota_notify does not work

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by barrysul, Aug 23, 2006.

1. barrysul

barrysul New Member

Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (+ SMTP-AUTH, Quota, SpamAssassin, ClamAV)

I followed the above how to and everything seems to work fine.
    The only problem I have is that quota notify only reports quota info for one domain. The script expects the domain dirs to exist in /home/vmail/domains, but all of my domain dirs were created in /home/vmail.

How can this be fixed? Can I manually create the 'domains' directory and move the domain dirs into it, or will I break something else.

Please help!

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Are you sure you followed the tutorial as close as possible? Because the mail boxes should be created in /home/vmail/{domain}. Please compare your configuration with the one from the tutorial.

3. barrysul

barrysul New Member

This is what my vmail dir looks like, which, it seems, is what your reply is telling me.

#---------------/
    #-------------|
    #-------------|
    #-------home/vmail
    #-------|-------------|
    #-------|-------------|
    # barrysul.com example.com

But this is what quota_notify expects (extracted from comments in /usr/local/sbin/quota_notify)

#
    # ---------------------/
    #----------------------|
    #----------------------|
    #----------- home/vmail/domains/
    #----------------------|--------------|
    #----------------------|--------------|
    # example.com/ foo.com/
    #----------------------|
    #----------------------|
    # --------------------
    #------------|---------|---------|
    #------------|---------|---------|
    #---------user1/ user2/ user3/
    #----------------------|
    #----------------------|
    #----------------maildirsize
    #

Would everything still work if I changed my 'virtual_mailbox_base" to 'virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail/domains' and move the domain dirs into /home/vmail/domains?? That would seem to be the simple solution, if nothing breaks. Otherwise, I think that the quota_notify code would have to change.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

It's possible that the quota notify script changed since I wrote the tutorial. At the time I wrote the tutorial it was working fine. You can try to change the script and see if it works.