After update ubuntu Ubuntu 18.04.2

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by fino, Apr 29, 2019.

1. fino

fino New Member

Good afternoon,
    after upgrading ubuntu to version 18.04.2 and Ispconfig to version 3.1.13p1, users are unable to authenticate. The mail management system is courier and mysql

Apr 29 18:05:11 authdaemond: received auth request, service=pop3, authtype=login
    Apr 29 18:05:11 authdaemond: authmysql: trying this module
    Apr 29 18:05:11 authdaemond: authmysql: cannot parse the MYSQL_OPT setting
    Apr 29 18:05:11 authdaemond: authmysql: REJECT - try next module

Tnx a lot

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You updated ispconfig after you updated Ubuntu, right? Did you choose to reconfigure services during ISPConfig update? This is required when you upgrade from an older Ubuntu version like 16.04 to 18.04.

3. fino

fino New Member

I did update normally, both of the distribution and of the version of ispconfig, it is not a dist-upgrade, but a simple update.

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Did you upgrade Ubuntu first, then ISPConfig? Did you remember to answer yes to reconfigure services?

5. fino

fino New Member

I confirm ubuntu first and ISP later, of course I answered yes to reconfigure services.

6. till

A normal update (not dist upgrade) should not change the config. You are using courier as pop3/imap server and not dovecot?

7. fino

fino New Member

We use courier is a machine installed many years ago, always updated without problems.

8. till

Please check where this MYSQL_OPT is and what it contains, might be in the authmysqlrc file. If you don't find it, try:

grep -r -n MYSQL_OPT /etc

9. fino

fino New Member

I should have solved it, I restored the configuration with the parameters MYSQL_OPT 0, restarting the daemon, it works correctly, the only problem occurs with imap-ssl because it cannot read the mails present, looking at the file /var/log/mail.log I find the following errors:
    imapd-ssl: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
    imapd-ssl: Error in the pull function.
    Apr 28 18:47:16 imapd-ssl: Disconnected, ip = [:: ffff: 25.14.44.114], time = 1, starttls = 1
    IMAP (143) works perfectly

10. minyor

minyor New Member

Sorry for posting in old thread, but I have the same problem after updating..
    ispconfig_update.sh generates '/etc/courier/authmysqlrc' without MYSQL_OPT and NAME: MARKER
    If I add these parameters manually then I can login in redcube but all incoming mails rejected with this error:
    warning: connect to private/quota-status: No such file or directory
    warning: problem talking to server private/quota-status: No such file or directory
    Can someone, please help me?

11. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please open a new thread and refer to this one, as all comments here will send notifications to others that have interacted with this post while it is not relevant for them.