ISPConfig vhost and mod proxy

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by chume, May 30, 2019.

1. chume

chume Member

Hello:
    Configured apache with mod_proxy and mod_proxy_fcgi but the ISPConfig interface stopped working.
    How could the ispconfig.vhost be configured with <IfModule mod_proxy_fcgi.c> besides <IfModule mod_fcgid.c> and <IfModule mod_php7.c>?
    Would appreciate any help!
    Thank you.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Why did you remove mod_fcgid? You probably could have installed the additional modules without removing the required mod_fcgid module?

3. chume

chume Member

Really appreciate your response and wise tip.
    How could I send a private message to you?
    Thank you Till.

4. chume

chume Member

Enabled mod_fcgid module but ISPConfig interface is now 403. Have added "Options +FollowSymLinks" in all the appropriate places on ispconfig.conf without success.
    Permission on /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web dir is 750
    Thank you

5. chume

chume Member

chmod -R 755 on /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web resolved the 403 error.
    Thank you.

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My ISPConfig does has no permissions for Other on that directory tree. I suspect your setup is a bit faulty if you need to do that chmod 755 to give read and execute.

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If a chmod 755 was necessary, then either the php of the website runs under a wrong user now or your server runs under a different user or group than usual. Check that the apache suexec module is installed and loaded and that the ispconfig user is a member of the group which runs the Apache web server (normally www-data on Debian and Ubuntu).