ispconfig_update failure

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by SpeedyB, Jul 29, 2019.

1. SpeedyB

SpeedyB Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,

After I do an ispconfig_update.sh to the latest stable I have several issues:

Postfix: init_protocols is set to ALL
    I have no IPV6 configured in ispconfig. There is an ipv6 address configured on the server, but that is for internal only. I need to manual change this everytime to ipv4 to be able to send email

Since the 3.1.14 release whenever I update the file courier\authmysqlrc is missing the following at the end of the file. this is since a recent courier update.
    Code:
    MYSQL_OPT               0

##NAME: MARKER:0
    #
    # Do not remove this section from this configuration file. This section
    # must be present at the end of this file.

I am running Debian 10 (Buster) now because I thought it was a missing update. I found that the ispconfig_update.sh reconfigure services messes the last file up.

Is there a way to resolve this in my install if I am the only one?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Postfix: as with any config file, you can use custom templates to avoid overriding your custom settings. copy install/tpl/debian_postfix.conf.master from ispconfig tar.gz file to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/ and adjust it to suit your needs.

Dovecot: It might be that courier is not fully working anymore on Debian 10, ISPConfig switched to Dovecot at Debian 7 or 8 and since then courier support is not actively developed anymore. For ISPConfig 3.2, we removed all courier code in the master branch already. You should consider switching to Dovecot. I've migrated my own ISPConfig courier mail server a few years ago to dovecot. Or you maintain your custom template in the same way I explained it for postfix.

3. SpeedyB

But if I move the template, when there is an update wouldn't I miss things?
    or just have the one entry which is not to change?

How can I migrate from courier to dovecot without impacting my end users?

4. till

The template has to contain all settings. In case we change settings in the default template, then you will have to take care to keep your custom template updated.

There should be several posts on this topic here in the forum incl. a migration script that I had written for my server at that time. The dovecot config file needs to be adjusted a bit if I remember correctly to ensure that the imap clients can cope with the differences as courier has a default prefix while dovecot does not has one.

5. till

And if you are unsure on how to do it yourself, you should consider asking Florian from ISPConfig Business support if he can do the migration for you.

6. SpeedyB

I think I found a #feature request ;) have only the adjusted entries in there and have the regular template ;)

7. SpeedyB

I will look into the upgrade. an decide after.

8. SpeedyB

I have performed the courier ==> dovecot migration, and used your script...

few remarks, in the script you mention dovecot-common this is replaced with dovecot-core and you need to include dovecot-mysql and dovecot-sieve before it works.

Also I found a few issues with the removal of courier.. I had to run:
    apt-get purge dovecot-* courier-*
    before the installation would work..

till likes this.
  9. SpeedyB

apparently clients who were using pop3 with courier had been missing a lot of emails... after the change their mailboxes filled up with mails they never thought were lost..
    also a lot of junk..

Thanks for the tip @till to switch.

10. SpeedyB

Hello @till after I changed the courier with dovecot I get reports that forwards are no longer working. Could this be related.

11. till

Forwards in ISPConfig are implemented in postfix, so they can not be affected. But maybe your users mean the send copy to function which is implemented in the imap client or they added a forward as a custom rule?

12. SpeedyB

I mean the forward e-mailadres in ISPConfig on the send copy to option of the mailbox.

This is not working for the accounts which are complaining.

13. SpeedyB

I think I found it. I did a resubmit of the user (changed the email, and changed it back) and after that the forward started working again..