Bulk Add EMail accounts

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by warlock, Mar 18, 2010.

1. warlock

warlock Member

It would be nice to have a bulk add page.

A page where yo configure all the reliant settings and then a section where you can add multiple email alias, the system would then add them and generate random passwords which would be sent to the administrator.

Most people when they setup a new mail domain will have a list of users to add initially.

Dan Trautman likes this.
  2. damir

damir New Member

3. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

Maybe that could be done with a small modification to the 'remoting client' program 'soap-mailuser-add.php'? Basically read the data into an array and loop thru the script adding each user from the array.

4. comintech

comintech New Member

Hello,
    Is there any way to do this bulk-add-mailboxes?
    Thanks!

5. Dan Trautman

Dan Trautman New Member

Has a bulk-add option for mailboxes in the works yet? I've installed the latest version of ISPConfig 3 according to your great walkthrough, and tried Till's script, but to no avail, and I have over 3300 accounts to create.

TIA

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Dan Trautman likes this.
  7. Dan Trautman

Dan Trautman New Member

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I was about to start dissecting your script without the GUI and testing why it wasn't working. I'll give this other link a try and post my results.

As an FYI: the GUI you include reacts (displays) very differently depending on the browser used. Firefox truncates all the fields, visually at least.

Thank you very much.

8. Dan Trautman

Dan Trautman New Member

Jesse's script worked great for me. I had to fuddle with it a little after understanding what it was doing, but his article is probably clearer to someone that doesn't do system installs only once every decade.