How To Change ispconfig User Password Globally In All Configuration Files

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by grumpyman57, Sep 2, 2019.

1. grumpyman57

grumpyman57 New Member

How does one go about globally changing the password for the ispconfig user name in any and all scripts, (such as inmysql-virtual_domains.cf, mysql-virtual_domains.cf etc.), where it appears? I presume that there must be an automated way of doing this that does not require finding and manually editing each and every file individually, but have been unable to find a way of doing so.

Failing this, is there a comprehensive list of all such files where the password needs to be changed if the ispconfig user password needs to be updated?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have not examined any files when I change ISPConfig user password. I just log in as admin to ISPConfig Panel and change the password.
    Have you tried it and verified it is necessary to edit some files after a password change?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There are several ways to change the mysql password of the user ispconfig in multiple files, you can e..g. use the Linux sed command or you change the password in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php and then run an ispconfig update with reconfigure services = yes and let ispconfig change the password.

4. grumpyman57

grumpyman57 New Member

Thanks Till, that is exactly what I was looking for! I knew it couldn't be done in the Control Panel as was suggested, as the ispconfig database user is neither a client account nor the admin account.