WARNING: mysql.service changed on disk. Run 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload units.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jbonlinea, Oct 2, 2018.

1. jbonlinea

jbonlinea Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm busy installing the debian perfect server with apache on a virtual machine.
    the host machine is a debian stretch (laptop), runing virtual box 5.2.18_Debian r123745 on top of which the guest machine (or virtual machine) has a debian stretch fresh net-install with not any additional component,

Before going through the tutorial, the only change I did to the virtual machine was to install ssh services and redirect network card in order to acces the virtual machine from my host system terminal (and be able to copy paste freely) like explained here (sorry I know realise it's in french)

Now everything is fine with the insalation process upto step 8, at the end, when I'm supposed to reload the services.

Code:
    root@vb1-deb:/# systemctl daemon-reload
    root@vb1-deb:/# service mysql restart
    Warning: mysql.service changed on disk. Run 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload units.
    root@vb1-deb:/#

I've read it wasn't an issue but I would like to know why and how ? and if is there anythin I can do ?

Thank's by advance !
    J.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's ok, just ignore it.

3. jbonlinea

jbonlinea Member

Excellent !
    I understood that it could be ignored but wasn't 100% sure.

Slightly off topic: the tutorial concludes with an optional 22.1 chapter regarding virtual machine.
    Do this applies only if using openVZ or also virtualbox ?
    I guess it don't but just checking
    in case it does apply as well, how can I know what "vpsid" is given to my virtual machine ?
    Thank's again

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Chapter 22.1 is just nescessary when you run this setup inside a virtual server which is hosted on OpenVZ, it does not apply to other virtualization systems.

5. jbonlinea

jbonlinea Member

Thank's for your confirmation

6. brt

brt New Member

sorry for necrobumping this thread, but i just stumbled over the same problem, being annoyed by the error message everytime i call systemctl XY mariadb.

i followed the perfect setup for debian buster, it suggests to add the file:
    Code:
    /etc/systemd/system/mysql.service.d/limits.conf

after digging around, i found sites which recommend to add the file:
    Code:
    /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d/limits.conf
    so i gave it a try and renamed the folder from mysql.service.d to mariadb.service.d, followed by systemctl daemon-reload", now the error-message is gone :D when restarting mariadb:
    Code:
    mv /etc/systemd/system/mysql.service.d /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d
    systemctl daemon-reload
    systemctl restart mariadb
    @till: Do you think this is a proper solution, or how can i be sure that the new limit is in effect?

*edit*
    the following is from /usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service:
    Code:
    ##############################################################################
    ## USERs can override
    ##
    ##
    ## by creating a file in /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d/MY_SPECIAL.conf
    ## and adding/setting the following under [Service] will override this file's
    ## settings.

# Useful options not previously available in [mysqld_safe]

# Kernels like killing mysqld when out of memory because its big.
    # Lets temper that preference a little.
    # OOMScoreAdjust=-600

# Explicitly start with high IO priority
    # BlockIOWeight=1000

# If you don't use the /tmp directory for SELECT ... OUTFILE and
    # LOAD DATA INFILE you can enable PrivateTmp=true for a little more security.
    PrivateTmp=false

##
    ## Options previously available to be set via [mysqld_safe]
    ## that now needs to be set by systemd config files as mysqld_safe
    ## isn't executed.
    ##

# Number of files limit. previously [mysqld_safe] open-file-limit
    LimitNOFILE=16364

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  7. toffie

toffie Member

necrobumping again!
    Just wanted to thank you guys for this thread, but also to confirm that creating the file
    Code:
    /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d/limits.conf
    And giving it the same contents as
    Code:
    /etc/systemd/system/mysql.service.d/limits.conf
    also takes away the error message on our systems!