User FTP access problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by koheleth, Oct 16, 2019.

1. koheleth

koheleth Member

Used this and is working perfectly.

Taleman, hope people tell you that your a genius.

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  2. koheleth

koheleth Member

Till my whole point is bypassing this 3 to 5 euro a month and using the home fibre if we have it, all is well apart from admin root etc creating a ftp user and it working. Tried your remedies but no joy. I said that my router accepts some port directions but tells me kindly to get lost on others with no explanation. 50 Yards from the finish line and not allowed to finish. I feel robbed.

3. Steini86

Steini86 Active Member

Usually cheaper than electricity and hardware costs ,..
    Ask a friend to help with your router setup. Should be rather easy, if you know right knobs to turn.

4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I am running mine behind router, though I have one on hetzner too. So far I have not facing so much problem with ftp. I am using default ftp and port forward for all relevant ports. Feel free to share your router settings.

5. koheleth

koheleth Member

Thanks peeps, it's my first time and always wanted to run my own home webserver for personal sites, yes I have dedicated servers and cloud servers with Hetz, the cloud being so cheap and such a quick setup, very useful.

My home router access via the gui free.fr provide is quite basic, thing is I cannot see if tills answer regarding passive ports will solve my problem as the router seems to say's no chance when I try to add certain ports.

Thanks all.

6. koheleth

koheleth Member

Hard to find a dedicated server ( with complete access for hardware upgrades ) with 8gb mem, 4 core intel with loads of hdd space for 5 euro a month. :) Yeah help might solve it but I cannot see what options in the router might solve it, not a lot in there.

7. pannet1

pannet1 Member

hi @ahrasis
    do you have the HOWTO for perfect setup of sftp (for customers/resellers as well) and filemanager ? i am still unable to get a similar comfort commercial cpanel provides. can you please provide your insights on this.

8. ahrasis

Sftp is ssh protocol, not ftp.

Anyway, I am currently using elfinder and for setting it up, it is very simple and straight forward and I already mentioned that in other thread.

9. pannet1

pannet1 Member

thanks @ahrasis

i got that its sftp ... but what i meant is .. clients to have access to the server from their filezilla. i had problems earlier. will work on this later and get back to you.

thanks for the filemanager tip.

10. ahrasis

Perfect server tutorials already cover ssh installation so that should work for ssh account created via ISPConfig for resellers or customers.