renew a ssl certificate

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Fan-Com, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Fan-Com

Fan-Com New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi
    I have the problem that I not have a CSR of the certificate by changing the server, is there a way to create it via panel or must i need to create it via the console?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. Fan-Com

i habe a new ispconfig server and i transfer now all domains from a i-mscp server.
    a customer have a purchased wildcard certificate and i must renew this certificate. but i have only key,certificate and ca-bundle.
    the question is can i create a CSR via panel without destroy the installed certificate or must i create it by hand?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You will have to create the csr by hand. ISPConfig can create the csr but it will overwrite the currently installed ssl cert with a self-signed one.

5. Fan-Com

mm can i create self-signed one and after that install the old certificate again?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes. But you will have to copy (backup) the old cert and key, then create the new csr, then copy the new csr and key and put them in a safe place before you restore the old cert and key. cert, csr and key belong together, so the new csr will have a new key, that#s why you have to restore csr and key.

7. Fan-Com

perfekt is working
    thanks for help