Mailbox Quota

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris23, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Chris23

Chris23 New Member

Hi,
    Having an issue where it shows the mailbox is over quota - quota for the mailbox is set to 150MB and ispconfig is showing that the mailbox is using 191MB, but when you login to the webmail the mailbox is only using 75MB?
    How do I go about resolving this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Might be that a mail client which is used to manage that mailbox is not deleting messages and just marks them as deleted, which means that they still exist and use up space. Try to find out the real size on disk with:

du -h --max-depth=1 /var/vmail/domain.tld/user

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Once in a while a maildirsize file can get out of sync with actual use, which would cause that; you can recalculate it with doveadm:
    Code:
    doveadm quota recalc -A
    or just remove the old file to fix that.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  4. xrstokes

xrstokes Member

I've ran "doveadm quota recalc -A" and "doveadm quota get -u *********" shows the correct figures for my users. But ispconfig shows them all at or nearly over quota. How often should the interface update the stats. (Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (Bionic Beaver)) ISPConfig 3.1.15p2

5. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My understanding is once daily.

6. xrstokes

xrstokes Member

It's by the minute. I traced the problem back to my mirror server. Running quota check on the primary server does not affect the mirror server. It's all fixed now thanks for the help.