CC droped if Content Filter active

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by psszrh, Feb 27, 2020.

1. psszrh

psszrh New Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have two mailboxes:
    and two content header filters to allow individual "catch all":
    A mail for [email protected] is correctly redirected to [email protected]. But, if I send a mail with TO: [email protected] and CC: [email protected], the first is delivered and the second not. In the log files, everything seems OK. If I deactivate the filters, both recipient receives the mail.
    Any clue?

(PS: I use this to be able to leave a different email address for each online service, e.g. [email protected])

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Your content header filters have /^To: so they do not apply to the CC: header.

3. psszrh

psszrh New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thank you Taleman for the fast response, but this is not quite the problem.
    I send a mail as [email protected] to two recipients with Email Mailboxes to the Mail Server example.com that was installed with ISPConfig, [email protected] and [email protected]. (Doesn't matter if TO or CC. Also, exemple.com and exemple.net is the same Mail Server)
    Only john.doe receives the email, the mail for peter.meier is lost.
    Now, a deactivate the filter rules, and send a mail again to both of them. And both receive the mail.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Take a look at the created .sieve file in the users mailbox to see which exact rules get generated and if these rules don't match what you want to achieve, then write your own custom sieve rules and add them into the custom sieve rules field of the mailbox instead of using the filter editor.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Sorry, I did not notice that you are using content header filters and not sieve filters. In that case, check the generated postfix filter file.