Database disapearred ...

Discussion in 'General' started by Kevin Chauvet, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Kevin Chauvet

Kevin Chauvet New Member

Hey guys,

This morning my customer was doing some stuff on his dolibarr dashboard and suddenly, the database completely disappeared ... The phpmyadmin is empty. I checked the mysql logs and nothing appear there. This database is completely remove from earth in a second without any information ...

Do you have any ideas about where I should look to find what happened ?

thank you a lot

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is the database still listed in ISPConfig in the database list? Did you check the datalog viewer in ISPConfig in the monitor module if any actions for this database are logged there?

3. Kevin Chauvet

Kevin Chauvet New Member

Yes I see the database, it's une the phpmyadmin where the database disappear ... Yes I looked but nothing strange !

4. till

In this case, the database must have been lost to an error in MySQL/MariaDB or has been accidentally deleted outside of ISPConfig.

5. Kevin Chauvet

Kevin Chauvet New Member

What is the datalog viewer that you talked about ? I looked the logs by SSH actualy !

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

from https://www.ispconfig.org/blog/
    See it in ISPConfig Panel Monitor tab, "show data log history".

7. till

Most likely you won't find anything there when the database still exists in ISPConfig.

8. Kevin Chauvet

Kevin Chauvet New Member

Yep, nothing there !

9. Kevin Chauvet

Kevin Chauvet New Member

ok so I've been in SSH in /var/lib/mysql
    I have 2 on my 3 databases ... The empty one on phpmyadmin is not in the file system but appears in the ISPCONFIG dashboard :confused:
    what the hell happened here!

10. till

I mentioned it above already, if the database is still in ISPConfig and you don't have a delete action in ISPConfig datalog for this database, then the database must have been removed outside of ispconfig. This can be inside phpmyadmin or trough the mysql command line or something similar.

11. Kevin Chauvet

Kevin Chauvet New Member

Yeah, I saw your message, I looked inside MySQL and didn't found anything ...
    Today another database disappeared, I'm doing a restore backup. But they are two totally distinct databases that's strange.
    I will take a look at PHPMyAdmin to see if I see something but I don't really know what to look for ...

12. till

You should also consider changing MySQL root password. When you change it, set the new password also in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf, otherwise iSPConfig won't be able to add new databases anymore.

13. Kevin Chauvet

Kevin Chauvet New Member

Ok I'll do that.
    When you make a restore backup, where can you see when it's finished?

14. till

From within ISPConfig? I think there is no way to see that at the moment, you might be able to see it on the shell with top or ps as the mysql dump is loaded back into mysql using mysql command, so when that process is not visible anymore, then it's finished.

15. Kevin Chauvet

Kevin Chauvet New Member

I backuped but it's not restoring my databases only files ...

16. till

The backups are in /var/backup folder, you should find the mysql dump there, import it manually by using mysql command or phpmyadmin.

17. Kevin Chauvet

Kevin Chauvet New Member

Yeah I downloaded the backup file (web1_2020-03-02_00-06.tar.gz) but I don't have any sql file inside !

18. till

The database backups are separate files, the start with db_ in the filename.

19. Kevin Chauvet

Kevin Chauvet New Member

Ok so I have a problem with database backups, I really hope I didn't lost everything ... I followed the tutorial on the this website I don't understand why something's wring

20. till

Is the mysql root password in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf correct?
    Don't you run full server backups regularly beside the ispconfig web backups?