SSL for postfix

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Hypnotize, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hypnotize

Hypnotize New Member

Hi there,
    I used "Centos 7 - Perfect Server Tutorial" to set up my server and it is working wonderful.
    On my server I have only one domain (since this is office server), and recently I bought "SSL package" from namecheap and I had successfully installed it.
    Since I'm using postfix,dovecot, etc... I would like to make these services run using this "SSL package" that I bought.
    I found tutorial on how to "Secure ISPconfig 3 using free Let's encrypt SSL cetrificate" that explains it well using "Let's encrypt" but I don't know how to do it with SSL package what I got.

Thanks a lot :)

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Namecheap has a tutorial for this, which came up as second search result for
    Code:
    postfix and dovecot certificate
    We like to help, but please run a internet search first ;)

You could also follow the Let's Encrypt tutorial since your certificate would be renewed automatically (there aren't a lot of good reasons to buy a certificate anymore imo). At the end of the tutorial @ahrasis talks about the LE4ISPC script, which I think should be at the top so users see this before following the whole tutorial, haha. If you decide to use LE, take a look at it.

Hypnotize likes this.
  3. Hypnotize

Hypnotize New Member

Thanks a lot for your reply.
    You are right! I should have searched it first :)
    And I will definitely go with LE next time.

Thanks a ton :)
    Cheers

Th0m likes this.
  4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You could use LE for your mailserver, and the namecheap certificate for your website.