Mailman and Amavis

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Brian Carpenter, Jun 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Brian Carpenter

Brian Carpenter New Member

I am running some Mailman lists on a ISPConfig 3 (the latest version) server and it seems amavis is interfering with the delivery of posts to list members by delaying messages. Is there a way to completely turn off any content and virus scanning for Mailman mail traffic?
    For instance, I have set the Spam filter for the email domain to Uncensored. But I still see the following in mail.log:
    Jun 11 15:28:37 host1 amavis[26366]: (26366-05) Passed CLEAN {RelayedOutbound}, ORIGINATING LOCAL [::1]:39792 <[email protected]> -> <[email protected]>, Queue-ID: 9A5451F6DF, Message-ID: <[email protected]>, mail_id: OizaMVK9-qdH, Hits: -2, size: 831, queued_as: 50CFF1F6E0, 259 ms
    I really don't want Amavis scanning Mailman email traffic at all. Is this possible?
    Thanks!
    Brian

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In and outgoing email is always going trough amavis, this should not cause long delays though. If your system has a high amount of incoming and outgoing emails, you might have to increase the number of amavis instances. By default, amavis runs 2 instances which means it can process 2 emails simultaneously.

3. Brian Carpenter

Brian Carpenter New Member

Thanks, Till. Where can I increase the number of amavis instances?
    Brian

4. till

There are two files that need to be changed. First /etc/postfix/master.cf, find the line:

amavis unix - - - - 2 smtp

and change the number 2 to the number of amavis processes that you want to run.

Then create a new file /etc/amavis/conf.d/90-custom (for Debian and Ubuntu) with this line inside:

$max_servers = 2;

Replace 2 with the number of concurrent processes you want to use. Then restart amavis and postfix.

5. till