ispconfig_setup script for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Nap, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Nap

Nap Member

Hi,
    Has anyone tried using the `ispconfig_setup` with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS?
    Is it safe to add a new `elif` in the `check_install.sh` script and run the install as if it were an 18.04 LTS distribution?
    Cheers, Nap.

2. Nap

Nap Member

Short answer.... no it didn't work. (lol)

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig itself does not even support Ubuntu 20.04, so how shall a script that installs it support it ;)

4. Nap

Nap Member

Yes, I realised that afterwards. Is this planned for the October update?
    (I wanted to install it on my Pi4 which I just setup with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.)

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 3.1.16 will have Ubuntu 20.04 support. 3.1.16 gets released in the next few weeks.

6. Steini86

Steini86 Active Member

If you don't want to wait: Why didn't you install raspbian? Usually has much better hardware support because of custom kernel designed for RPi.

Th0m likes this.
  7. Nap

Nap Member

I've already got Ubuntu 20.04LTS Server running on my Pi4 and the basic server install works well.

The motivation for wanting to install ISPConfig on my Pi was driven by the need to install Jitsi and Discourse on my production server (which runs U16 atm.). Since both Jitsi and Discourse require subdomains and special virtualhost definitions, I thought I would try this on my Pi before implementing it on my production server. In the end I just did everything manually on my production server.

I'm looking forward to trying the new release of ISPConfig on my U20 based Pi as I'm still running an older (slightly customised) version on my U16 production server with custom Lets Encrypt scripts. I'm preparing to upgrade to U20 near the end of this year.

ahrasis likes this.