Protection

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by elmacus, Aug 20, 2020.

1. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

I would like a "protection" function so noone can delete a Client, DNS, web or Mail domain by mistake. The delete buttons should not be visible if domainname is protected.
    This could be done directly in database or in system settings or other.

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

Ok thanks. Very similar.
    I want a hard lock button so nobody can delete the primary DNS-zone for the entire webhotel and take it offline, or delete all email imap. Or delete a complete server in system.

4. Th0m

That's exactly what this does (except deleting a server), unless you're a admin.

You can ofcourse request this at git.ispconfig.org :)

5. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

I meant as admin ofc, so i or staff dont do mistake.
    As example, in Proxmox you can set a "Protection" flag to ON, then you cant delete or change a VM.

Th0m likes this.
  6. Th0m

I understand, though I don't think we should implement this for admins, as they should be aware of what they are doing and you always receive a warning "Do you really want to delete this record?". But you are welcome to create a feature request, maybe someone will pick it up. You can also work on this yourself and create a MR on our GitLab :)

elmacus likes this.
  7. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

Well, i often delete old custumer and theirs domains, so i instant press "Do you really want....".
    Someday i might missclick on our own domain...

Sorry im not a developer, so cant help with gitlab ;-)
    I was hoping someone would agree and fix it in next version.
    As said, i would be happy with just a database setting for hiding delete button on some domains. No gui needed.