sizes of directories

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by fenio, Mar 19, 2006.

1. fenio

fenio New Member

Hello everyone.

I'm going to switch from some chaotic self-made mess to ISPConfig for whole my domain hosting.

I'm setting up new box for that and I wonder how ISPConfig organizes it's files/databases so I could split up my hard drive in the most optimal way.

Hard drive is 250GB size. Where exacly ISPConfig keeps its files and files of users? In default configuration at least. I didn't check yet if it's easily configurable.

Any hints welcome.

regards
    fEnIo

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig organizes the files in one big tree like:

/somedir/web[ID]/web
    /somedir/web[ID]/user/[username]

Where ID is the ID number of the website. ISPConfig creates also symlinks with the domain name to find the website directories easier on the commandline.

I recommend to have a large /var partition.

Then install ISPConfig in expert mode and select /var/www as document root.

3. oxxmoxx

oxxmoxx New Member

hmmm ... is it possible to make a global change for the ispconfig path to the webs from:

/somedir/web[ID]/web (default) to

/somedir/web[ID]/www (new)

?

Thx in advance.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Not without programming and breaking the update compatibility of your ISPConfig version.

5. oxxmoxx

oxxmoxx New Member

ok, sorry, my question was unnecessary...my intention was to take the same home-directory as like on the actual servers. But I forgot the web_ID - it will change anyway, so I/the customer have/has to edit definitely all config files during the relocation :mad:

thx & greetz