Issues with Wordpress Installation

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Falrish, Sep 8, 2020.

1. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

if the suggestions already posted here so far aren't any help then i don't think you're going to get any further without giving someone here or at schaal IT admin access to your control panel, and(/or?) full ssh access to your server.

2. Falrish

Falrish Member

So it looks like even on everything being set up fresh on the server I am getting strange things happening.
    Code:
    [Fri Sep 25 12:36:59.721854 2020] [:error] [pid 10263] [client x.x.x.x:51699] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client6/web11/cgi-bin/php-fcgi-104.152.210.37-80-www.survivaluo.com" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning:  file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/clients/client4/web4/web/wp-config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client6/web11/web:/var/www/clients/client6/web11/private:/var/www/clients/client6/web11/tmp:/var/www/www.survivaluo.com/web:/srv/www/www.survivaluo.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin) in /var/www/cliens/client6/web11/web/wp-load.php on line 34, referer: http://www.survivaluo.com/wp-admin/setup-config.php
    Line 34 in the file is
    Code:
     if ( file_exists( ABSPATH . 'wp-config.php' ) ) {
    the file wp-load.php is the standard file from the installation calling
    Code:
    if ( ! defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) {
        define( 'ABSPATH', __DIR__ . '/' );
    }
    This is the only thing I can see that could potentially be the issue here. That being said, I do not know why ABSPATH would point to another site on the server, even on a fresh installation including database and site.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Sounds like either you didn't get all of the site wiped as you thought (wp-config.php was still present) or the "fresh download" of wp 5.5.1 included a wp-config.php.

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Have you done this testing on the same website created with ISPConfig? Maybe that website has in file system links to the other website? This would be strange but your problem is strange so anything goes.
    I agree with what @nhybgtvfr wrote in #23.
    Just to be sure you have done what has been suggested previosly, what shows
    Code:
    cd /var/www/clients/client6/web11
    grep -R web4
    Then dump the database to a text file, and
    Code:
    grep web4 name-of-dump-file
    what is the result?

5. Falrish

Falrish Member

results of grep -R web4:
    Code:
    log/error.log:[Mon Sep 28 08:31:58.059658 2020] [:error] [pid 26077] [client 216.221.82.172:40330] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client6/web11/cgi-bin/php-fcgi-104.152.210.37-80-www.survivaluo.com" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning:  file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/clients/client4/web4/web/wp-config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client6/web11/web:/var/www/clients/client6/web11/private:/var/www/clients/client6/web11/tmp:/var/www/www.survivaluo.com/web:/srv/www/www.survivaluo.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin) in /var/www/clients/client6/web11/web/wp-load.php on line 34
    log/error.log:[Mon Sep 28 08:32:41.520472 2020] [:error] [pid 22791] [client 216.221.82.172:1298] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client6/web11/cgi-bin/php-fcgi-104.152.210.37-80-www.survivaluo.com" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning:  file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/clients/client4/web4/web/wp-config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client6/web11/web:/var/www/clients/client6/web11/private:/var/www/clients/client6/web11/tmp:/var/www/www.survivaluo.com/web:/srv/www/www.survivaluo.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin) in /var/www/clients/client6/web11/web/wp-load.php on line 34, referer: http://www.survivaluo.com/wp-admin/setup-config.php?step=2
    from this result there is no items pointing there except for the error logs.

as for the database, it is 100% clean, without a single table within it on this attempt.

Finally, the config error is coming when I have no config file, run through the install, and the system created the wp-config file. This is coming because somewhere it is pointing the server to my other website hosted on this server.

6. nhybgtvfr

run this mysql query on the master dbispconfig database:
    Code:
    select php_open_basedir from web_domain where domain_id = '4';

and post the output here.
    if you have a multi-server setup, run it on the dbispconfig database on the webserver hosting that site as well, and post that here too.

7. Falrish

Falrish Member

one entry, under my main site.
    Code:
    select php_open_basedir from web_domain where domain_id = '4';
    +---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | php_open_basedir                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    |
    +---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | /var/www/clients/client4/web4/web:/var/www/clients/client4/web4/private:/var/www/clients/client4/web4/tmp:/var/www/erikwestlake.com/web:/srv/www/erikwestlake.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin |
    Entry under the site in question
    Code:
    select php_open_basedir from web_domain where domain_id = '11';
    +----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | php_open_basedir                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           |
    +----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | /var/www/clients/client6/web11/web:/var/www/clients/client6/web11/private:/var/www/clients/client6/web11/tmp:/var/www/www.survivaluo.com/web:/srv/www/www.survivaluo.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin |

8. nhybgtvfr

ok. do you have https configured on any sites?
    can you post the full vhost configurations for erikwestlake.com and survivaluo.com

and just to confirm, you've been trying to install wordpress manually, not using the aps installer?

9. Falrish

Falrish Member

SurvivalUO Vhost File: ###################
    ErikWestlake Vhost File: ###################

Installation was Manually through the downloading of the Zip file and moving the files into the directory via SSH.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  10. nhybgtvfr

looks mostly ok. only thing i can see there, which could cause your issue, is the site is created as www.survivaluo.com, and has the www autosubdomain enabled, so it also creates the alias www.www.survivaluo.com
    if you're setting wordpress as www.survivaluo.com then it should be fine, if you set it as survivaluo.com then i can see it trying to load stuff from the 1st website it finds (alphabetically) on that ip, i don't know if that's eriklake.com or some other site (000-default? 000-ispconfig?)
    depends on what site's you have, on which ip's.

1st thing i'd do is remove that site in ispconfig, and recreate it as just survivaluo.com, leaving www subdomain enabled, and then try installing wordpress again.

11. Jesse Norell

You might even change index.php to just call phpinfo and exit, and post that output here, it might have some clue.

12. nhybgtvfr

you also might want to make sure that survivaluo.com and www.survivaluo.com have the same ip address.

13. Falrish

Falrish Member

This was one of the causes, but unfortunately it has daisy chained out.
    The site worked, but broke my other site. I removed the auto www from my other site and altered it to not require the www and it broke this site. Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated, as I am still at a loss.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  14. Taleman

Still survivaluo.com and www.survivaluo.com have different IP-addresses in DNS.
    Link in my signature points to DNS info, also info on how to test name service is working OK.

15. Falrish

Falrish Member

They are supposed to have different IP addresses.
    the website and the host have different IP's.
    the website points to www. the other set points to another server running other items. that aside, I believe I fixed it, just have to go through the great fun of updating 3 years of posts manually...>.<

16. Jesse Norell

In addition to the phpinfo output, you might verify the php config setup, eg. check where the php daemon is listening ('listen' setting in /etc/php/#.#/fpm/pool.d/web#.conf) and make sure there's not some other .conf file that got left around also pointing to the same location.

17. Falrish

Falrish Member

after much struggling, i have sorted it all out. manually inputting the database from the new setup, which is cumbersome when there was over 100 posts, but it is getting there and will be ready to be up again soon.
    Thank you all for the help and ideas. This was a strange struggle that looks like it was made by my mistake of setting the site up as www.survivaluo.com and not just survivaluo.com. But, I do not know 100% what the fix was, because I did so many things.
    Again, you all pushed me to look in many areas, and for the help I thank you all.

18. Falrish

Falrish Member

Okay, so I have been running just fine, then had to do some scheduled maintenance to the server, and now it is broken again. what the actual hell!
    what in gods name could be causing this issue!
    Literally no changes and getting this error again!!! Why does my ispconfig 3 server hate me so?
    I can have 1 server only on an IP Address. what am I doing wrong here?!
    [Thu Oct 08 11:24:24.747001 2020] [:error] [pid 1801] [client 54.187.249.125:54744] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client6/web11/cgi-bin/php-fcgi-104.152.210.37-80-survivaluo.com" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/clients/client4/web4/web/wp-config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client6/web11/web:/var/www/clients/client6/web11/private:/var/www/clients/client6/web11/tmp:/var/www/survivaluo.com/web:/srv/www/survivaluo.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin) in /var/www/clients/client4/web4/web/wp-load.php on line 34

New problem. I made an IP change (I own 2) and now the www.survivaluo.com keeps redirecting to erikwestlake.com...I am totally lost here as to the garbage this is doing to me.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  19. Taleman

What was done to the server? Update something? Change configuration?
    Your setup is strange. I do not undersand why www goes to a different place than survivaluo.com.
    There is paid support available, get your ISPConfig checked: https://www.ispconfig.org/get-support/

20. Falrish

Falrish Member