APS Installer, missing after 3.1 -> 3.2 update

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ffab, Oct 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ffab

ffab New Member

Hi,
    I runned for couple of days now, the 3.2 update, of ISPConfig. All was fine (previous version 3.1.15p3), my mono server installation is ok.
    But now in websites, i don't see the APS section anymore.
    Maybe this is related : in System section, Applications & Plugin the http://repo.ispconfig.org/addons/
    is active, but the list does not refresh at all.

Has anyone had the same problem ? Any hints for solving appreciated,
    Thanks,

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As noted in the release notes (https://www.ispconfig.org/blog/ispconfig-3-2-released/), we removed APS from ISPConfig because the project is dead.

The System -> Applications & Plugin section is not related.

It is possible to re-enable APS, by changing a setting in the database (in the table sys_ini -> config, change show_aps_menu=n to show_aps_menu=y). In 3.2.1, we will add a option to the UI where you can re-enable it. But APS will be completely removed in a future release.

See https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/issues/5676 aswell.

gilson, ffab and elmacus like this.
  3. ffab

ffab New Member

Hi Th0m,
    thanks for the answer, seems i did'nt read the released notes carefully...
    I was able, according to your instructions to re-enable the APS section, by adding the config parameters !
    This will let some time to warn users before this feature disapear.

Regards,
    Fabrice

4. gilson

gilson Member

Thank my dear... work! but how will we install for example wordpress and etc? thank

5. Th0m

See the APS menu. If there are no packages available, it is not possible. The repo to retrieve them from is dead.

6. gilson

gilson Member

I got it, but I say: in the future how should we install packages like wordpress... thank.

7. gilson

gilson Member

Th0m, I have been using ISP for 2 years and install using google cloud vps, but I have never had this error - NGINX failed not start... (image attachment) on a new install... but now it is giving this problem... do you know how to solve? thank.

Attached Files:

8. Th0m

We are planning to create our own installer, but I can't make any promises. Without that, you will have to install it manually.

I don't use nginx myself so I'm not sure, however, when looking up your error, I found this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...-server-names-hash-you-should-increase-server

9. progressed36

progressed36 Member

o wow... in what time period is this going to be dropped entirely? I didn't use this, but my clients did.

Also: i have 3.2.1 where can i find it in the UI?

10. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

APS installer is dropped already. It is not in ISPConfig version 3.2.
    The APS project has been dead for some time. Year or two?

11. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can activate the APS installer again under System > Interface > main config. But the APS project itself is dead, so there are no new packages anymore since 2019.

12. progressed36

progressed36 Member

My clients use it for the one click WP install and after just update the site through WP.
    I didn't know as i always install manually myself.

Perhaps downsize the list to core things like WP, Joomla etc? i have no issue to maintain or setup a group that maintaince.

13. Th0m

APS is not our project so it's not possible for us to maintain/restart it. We are looking into a custom one click installer for a few apps.

14. Gordon Fielden

Gordon Fielden New Member

It would be helpful to have a modules that allow does allow the one click solution for popular third party products like Wordpress and others just for the time it saves doing manual installs, we'd even pay for it as an add-on

15. Uysim

Uysim New Member

How do you guy setup the WordPress now?
    It used to be easy.

16. Th0m

17. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

Never liked APS.
    Because you could not setup your own installation packages.
    We should start with simple file based installer that can setup PageKit (CMS without database.)
    Just extract ZIP file and thats it.

18. gilson

gilson Member

Can help me?

Packages wordpress and etc... are not available for installation? I updated but nothing appeared... see screenshot https://prnt.sc/17vtb9m

ISPConfig Version: 3.2.5

19. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The reason has been explained in this thread above. Please read the thread before you post the same question at the end again. And do not post the same question in 3 threads at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.