Ispconfig interface unreachable [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jokerdes, Nov 1, 2020.

1. jokerdes

jokerdes New Member

Hello,
    After a dist-upgrade (ubuntu 18.04 ->20.04) the ispconfig interface is unreachable. (after dist-upgrade ispconfig upgraded to 3.2)
    All services (postfix and websites) seems to be working fine.
    I would really appreciate your help how to resolve this.
    mysql version also upgraded 5 to 8. I think this might be the problem because i found this error in the nginx log:

2020/11/01 09:31:47 [error] 273346#273346: *1564 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [caching_sha2_password] in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 85
    PHP message: PHP Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2054): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 85
    PHP message: PHP Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [caching_sha2_password] in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 91
    PHP message: PHP Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2054): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 91
    PHP message: PHP Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [caching_sha2_password] in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 91
    PHP message: PHP Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2054): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 91
    PHP message: PHP Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2054): The server requested authenticat

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Go through the ISPConfig Perfect Server Guide for Ubuntu 20.04 to get all the needed packages installed and configuration done.
    Then force ISPConfig to reconfigure service by running the update and making sure to put yes when asked about reconfigure services. Use the same version of ISPConfig that you are currently running (or later if wanting to upgrade to that):
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget https://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.2.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3.2.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install
    php -q update.php

ahrasis likes this.
  3. jokerdes

jokerdes New Member

Thank you for your answer.
    I did it with the following results:

Code:
    PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2002): No such file or directory in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/mysql.lib.php on line 209
    PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2002): No such file or directory in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/mysql.lib.php on line 209
    Update finished.

The default php version is 7.3 but ispconfig somehow runs under PHP Version 7.0.33-37. (after update)

4. Taleman

This thread is in wrong forum, this is about ISPConfig not LInux.
    Did what?
    What is in line 209 in file /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/mysql.lib.php ?
    Did you run the commans as root, after switching user session to root with command
    Code:
    sudo -i

5. jokerdes

jokerdes New Member

Ops, yes indeed wrong forum sorry.
    I did what you suggested, updated ispconfig 3.2 as root.
    in line 209 in file /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/mysql.lib.php:
    Code:
                    if(!mysqli_connect($this->dbHost, $this->dbUser, $this->dbPass, $this->dbName, (int)$this->dbPort)) {

6. jokerdes

jokerdes New Member

if a changed the ispconfig interface php version to 7.4 the interface partially working.

Code:
    Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER, SYSTEM_VARIABLES_ADMIN or SESSION_VARIABLES_ADMIN privilege(s) for this operation
    i found this thread: https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/issues/5807
    I think my problem is the same. Mysql version upgraded to version 8 during dist-upgrade.
    Do i need to replace mysql to mariadb? Can this solve the problem?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  7. Taleman

You did not say how you did that.
    In what situation is the error message appearing?
    Probably not to both questions. If database is broken changing from mysql to mariadb may make it worse.
    But how come you have mysql installed? The Ubuntu 20l.04 Perfect Server Guide, which I assumed you had followed since you wrote
    tells to install MariaDb. Have you actually done what has been asked?

8. jokerdes

jokerdes New Member

It is an old server (got hardware updates) based on https://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-14.04-apache2-php-mysql-pureftpd-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3.
    Through the years several dist-uprades have been installed. So it is not mariadb but mysql.

I moved ispconfig conf file under php-fmp pool. It was under 7.0 php. Restarted both php and modified the nginx host to point to the new socket.

The error is in ispconfig interface when i click Email, Websites or Dns menu. (attached screenshot)

Attached Files:

9. Taleman

I do not know whethere ISPConfig support MySQL on Ubuntu 20.04. It may not.

10. jokerdes

jokerdes New Member

Then i have no other choice rather than replace mysql to mariadb. I wanted to avoid this if possible.
    (dump all data and reimport but agree with you it is dangerous)
    or there may be other suggestions?

11. Taleman

I offered my suggestion in message #2.

ahrasis likes this.
  12. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I dont think there is any need for database dumping or importing. Changing from mysql to mariadb is basically as easy as installing the later. At least that was the old behaviour.

13. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

mysql and mariadb databases *should* be interchangeable, so you should, as already mentioned, be able to uninstall mysql-server and mysql-client and install mariadb-client and mariadb-server without issues.
    that said, it's never a bad idea to make sure you have a backup of the databases first.
    you can do a mysqldump with --all-databases, or if you want them in separate files, there's a few different options, see https://ma.ttias.be/mysql-back-up-take-a-mysqldump-with-each-database-in-its-own-sql-file/

14. jokerdes

jokerdes New Member

the replacement was not easy at all. i needed to dump all mysql8 datas and reimport to mariadb. there were a lot of modification about the database config files and the database tables. was a real pain... but works again.