I get some ERRORS after upgrading to ISPConfig 3.2

Discussion in 'General' started by johnymas, Oct 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thanks, I think that shows the problem - the server_id column is 1 for both web and database backups, and the cleanup routine expects those will be set to the correct (ie. different) server_id. That seems to be the case for the most recent 'mysql' backups as well, with '2020-11-25' in the filename, which I understand were made after your update to 3.2.1 yesterday.

@Croydon

2. johnymas

johnymas Member

Today I run twice command below manually because I thought that databases will be deleted but I was wrong
    php /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_debug.php --cronjob=500-backup.inc.php
    so that is the reason for backups with '2020-11-25' in the filename
    So, can I do anything to solve this problem?

3. Jesse Norell

@johnymas, can you check if the old backup files actually did get removed, but just incorrectly show a record in the web_backup table? Think there's a loop logic problem which would create that. (If that's the case, I think the wrong web_backup entries will get cleaned up, too, in a subsequent backup run).

4. Jesse Norell

no, nevermind that, that block of code won't be reached on the database server....

5. johnymas

johnymas Member

the old backup files actually did not get removed

Attached Files:

6. Jesse Norell

@johnymas, can you confirm the server_id set on your database server is correct? Ie. 'grep server_id /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.local.php'

I sure don't see anywhere that appears to mishandle that when creating a backup.

7. buhler

buhler Member

I upgraded to ISPConfig 3.2.1
    I'm in the same situation:
    Mysql backup is not deleted and sites are not backed up
    For the site it is something in the syntax of the zip backup. Because as gzip occurs normal.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  8. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thanks for reporting back, we are looking into it.

9. johnymas

johnymas Member

sorry for the late answer (see attachment)

Attached Files:

10. Jesse Norell

Check your web server, are they both set to id 1?

11. johnymas

johnymas Member

What do you mean both? I have only one web server. How to check?

12. johnymas

johnymas Member

Did you mean database server? So I can tell you I didn't change anything after I upgraded to ISPconfig 3.2. Before I upgraded everything worked fine probably with only one ID...

13. Jesse Norell

By both I mean do both the web server and the database server have the same server I'd? Use the same grep command to see the server I'd (login to each server and run that).

14. johnymas

johnymas Member

Yes, Default Webserver and Default Database Server are the same and have the same ID.

15. Jesse Norell

That explains why I can't find where the wrong id is being inserted. I'll guess that one of those servers started life as a clone of the other? Each server should have a different I'd, but sorting things out might be a bit of a task.

As for the backup problems, this is probably a special case. There are two merge requests right now with backup fixes that should improve the behavior, but you might run into issues not affecting other systems.

16. johnymas

johnymas Member

For now, I created a script for deleting databases manually using a cron and it works fine. I'm also interesting to create another server ID as you said so can you please tell me where can I find how to do this.

17. abnort

abnort New Member

Hello,

3.1.15p3 all is well , update to 3.2 all is well but database backups not deleted, update to 3.2.1 same problem

ISPConfig 3.2.1 Released
    "Fixed an issue where old database backups weren’t deleted"

its not fixed, database backups are not automatically deleted, website backups are automatically deleted

18. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

We know, the issue has been reopened and we are looking into it.

abnort likes this.
  19. abnort

abnort New Member

Thank you

20. Jesse Norell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.