How to add switch in Web Domain parameters?

Discussion in 'General' started by BelKoD, Nov 26, 2020.

1. BelKoD

BelKoD New Member

Hi All!
    1. I add filemanager (eXtplorer) in /var/www/apps/extplorer and autorized with login/password client
    2. Create link "ln -s /var/www/apps/extplorer/ /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/filemanager"
    3. Add PHP open_basedir: [website_path]/web/filemanager in System -> Server Config

But the filemanager link is managed manually (step 2). Deleting or creating it.
    How to make management via web site config?
    For example:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try using an Alias in the vhost config.

3. BelKoD

BelKoD New Member

In screenshot right?

Attached Files:

4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Same as you add PMA and SM / RC but I'd prefer to install my web file manager in /usr/share like them since their examples are ready in various ISPConfig PS tutorials.

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, I meant instead of using a symlink, put this in the vhost config ("Apache Directives" for apache, not sure what would be needed for nginx):
    Code:
    Alias /filemanager/ "/var/www/apps/extplorer/"

6. BelKoD

BelKoD New Member

Thnx! But, if i use "Alias ...." filemanager work with user:group - www-data:www-data. It's no correct. Need web1:client1.

7. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

So far that I know ISPConfig uses pure-ftpd-mysql and it should only uses webX and clientX.

The only problem I see is your software i.e. extplorer of which I did test long time ago and conclude it is not compatible with ISPConfig.

I'd suggest you try elFinder and folliw PS Tutorials (steps for PMA or RC) to install it as your web file manager since it works fine with ISPConfig.

To note any app for you and your users can either be on its own domain, using own port like 8081 or directives as what you are trying to do.