I get some ERRORS after upgrading to ISPConfig 3.2

Discussion in 'General' started by johnymas, Oct 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowcast

shadowcast New Member

Hello,

I read already the complete thread and can confirm also the named issues.
    I am operating a Debian 9 and followed THIS post to migrate from ISPConfig 3.1 to 3.2
    In first days nothing happens but hen a client notified me that his page files was not in backup.
    And yes, ISPConfig had errors only on this web. On all other the file backup works.
    Every backups are configured as daily for 3 days and default ZIP or TAR
    Changing this web to tar.xz it works again...
    And yes, this was/is the only one page where a SSh Chroot user exists and is enabled...

The second thing I can also confirm, since this day no database-backup was removed until today.
    From every web...

So I can confirm all the topics from this post for me again...

Greets

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I logged https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/issues/5945 for this.

This is https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/issues/5866

There are a few other backup related issues filed as well.

3. Jesse Norell

I'm trying to reproduce this, do either of you have anything set in 'Excluded Directories' for the site backups? What version of zip do you have installed?

I'm using `zip 3.0-11+b1 amd64 Archiver for .zip files` and haven't found a failure yet. I have found a bug (jailkit directories didn't get excluded), but it still backs things up.

4. Jesse Norell

Also for those with failing zip backups, what is your /tmp? Eg. a ramdisk or normal directory? How large? The zip command uses /tmp to generate the zip file, which I could sure see failing if /tmp is not very large and the files to be backed up are.

5. Jesse Norell

This use of /tmp is configurable in server config .. if "too small /tmp" is affecting anyone, set it to a different path.

If anyone wants to test zip backups, try the changes from https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/merge_requests/1345 - if still having a problem, enable debug logging for the web server, click the button to perform a manual backup, then run server.sh from cli and see what it posts when running the backup.

6. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Alright, there are several issues in this topic. I am looking for more information about this one: https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/issues/5878
    (Some domains aren't backed up while others on the same server with the same settings are - only happens when using zip)
    Can you share the size of the domains (web and db separately) that work and those that don't?

7. chaosad

chaosad New Member

Have the same issue, sql backups are not deleted anymore.
    web backups works only for some domains.
    For the web backup I found for me a solution, dont know why, but there was chroot directorys available, without activated chroot envirement.
    I activated the website options "Delete unused jailkit chroot" and after then I could manually create a web backup.

8. shadowcast

shadowcast New Member

Hello,
    is there a plan when 3.2.2 will be released?

9. Th0m

10. Th0m

I am closing this thread because a lot of different issues from different people are discussed here and it is unclear who experiences what.

We have fixed several issues in 3.2.2, the upcoming release. If you have any problems after upgrading to 3.2.2, make sure:
    - Your ISPConfig is up to date (ispconfig_update.sh -> stable)
    - Your software is up to date
    In the installer:
    - You reconfigured permissions in master database (only do this on the server that holds the panel)
    - You have reconfigured your services
    - There are no old conf-custom templates that could conflict with the new templates

If you still experience issues after this, open a new thread, do not hijack others that might have the same problem, and share
    - Your OS
    - The PHP CLI version (php -v)
    - Your issue and how to reproduce it
    - The relevant settings
    - Debugging logs, see https://www.faqforge.com/linux/debugging-ispconfig-3-server-actions-in-case-of-a-failure/

chaosad likes this.
  11. Th0m

One more note for everyone: we released 3.2.2 today, which has a important security fix in it, but also several fixes for the backup issues. Please let us know if you still experience problems - see the info above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.