Unable to locate package libonig5

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by scorpious, Dec 4, 2020.

1. scorpious

scorpious Member

Hi all
    Debian GNU/Linux 9.13 (stretch) Release: 9.13
    I have followed the guide for installing Php 5.6 to 7.4
    How to install PHP 5.6 and 7.0 - 7.4 as PHP-FPM & FastCGI for ISPConfig 3.1 with apt on Debian 8 to 10
    everything went well until I tryed to install Php 7.4, I get the following error:
    Unable to locate package libonig5
    All the other Php versions works ok
    Any advise
    Cheers
    Scorp

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. ClearWest

ClearWest New Member

I'm running into the same problem installing PHP 7.4 on Debian 9. Is libonig5 required or can I just skip it?

4. Raeco

Raeco New Member

How to get PHP 7.4 on Debian 9 ?
    Do I need upgrade from Debian 9 to Debian 10 Buster ?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

6. Carlos Abehsera

Carlos Abehsera New Member

My setup: ISPConfig 3.2.7p1 with Debian 9 + Apache + PHP 7.0, running on a dedicated server, originally installed from an OVH Template.

I followed the steps described in the guide to additionally install PHP 7.4, but found 2 problems:
    1) In the guide there is no mention to the extra field required to complete the Add New PHP Version in my ISPConfig, which is PHP-FPM socket directory: so I left it blank
    2) After the installation of the 7.4 version, I moved one site to that version and found out that if I choose FAST-CGI + PHP 7.4 it works well, but if I try PHP-FPM + PHP 7.4, it does not work (Error 503 - Service Unavailable). Yet, if I try the initial configuration, whis is PHP-FPM + PHP 7.0, it works perfectly fine

I have tried pointing that extra field to /var/lib following the logic of the default installation, but it didn't work either.

Can you provide help on this?

Thanks in advance.

7. till

Correct, it should be left blank.

Please post a screenshot of the settings that you made for the php-fpm mode in the additional PHP versions form.

Carlos Abehsera likes this.
  8. Carlos Abehsera

Thanks for the quick response. I did Copy-Paste from the guide. Here are the settings:
    Settings 1.jpg Settings 2.jpg

9. till

There is the / missing at the beginning of the path to the php-fpm pool directory.

10. Carlos Abehsera

:(

This is very embarrasing :confused: Sorry about that. I didn't see it for hours...

Fixed!

Thanks! If you ever fly down to Malaga, I'll be happy to pay for drinks ;)

till and Th0m like this.
  11. ClearWest

ClearWest New Member

I know it's an old thread, but just to put an answer in case anyone else ends up here like I did:

If you're on Debian 9, just install libonig4 instead of libonig5. It works fine. :)

Tested with Debian 9 and PHP versions 7.4, 8.0, and 8.1.

till likes this.