redirect sub domain to ip private

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by cruchiel88, Jun 22, 2021.

1. cruchiel88

cruchiel88 New Member

i has installing ipconfig in vm server for example have 2 ip addreess 1. 33.33.33.33(ip public) 2. 192.168.1.2 i want to redirect request for web server for test.com to 33.33.33.33 and it.s running i tried to setup subdomain etc.test.com to my ubuntu server have ip 192.168.1.3 it can't running, for information the ns record running on defrent ip ubuntu,from ns to isp config it's running, from ipconfig to web server of sub doman can ping by private ip

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If you are testing locally you can add your server ip to you pc hosts file e.g. 1.2.3.4 sub.test.tld

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

4. cruchiel88

cruchiel88 New Member

thx for the respond it's not for testing but for reall web server to acces my subdomain from internet

5. Taleman

6. cruchiel88

cruchiel88 New Member

limited public ip address

7. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Understood but I think you got it wrong on one public ip issue. A web server with one public ip, even it is a dynamic one and/or behind a router, can serve multiple domains or sub domains.

cruchiel88 likes this.
  8. cruchiel88

cruchiel88 New Member

can i get link or example configuration in ipconfig, this is my first expriences using ipconfig

9. Taleman

Just create two websites in ISPConfig. Then arrange name service to resolve the domain names to your server or use the hosts file method to point to your server. No magic or special configurations needed.
    If it does not work for you, read https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/please-read-before-posting.58408/

10. cruchiel88

cruchiel88 New Member

thank's al,l i has find the solution using nginx reverse proxy....