Can you tell me if softaculous is compatible with the latest version of ISPCONFIG?

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Christophe Gauthey, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Christophe Gauthey

Christophe Gauthey New Member

Hello
    Can you tell me if softaculous is compatible with the latest version of ISPCONFIG?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I think so, but you should ask Softaculous support.

3. atle

atle Member HowtoForge Supporter

I would like to make a promotion for Installatron. We have used Installatron from their very beginning and we are still using them for our cpanel and DA servers.

I have looked in to, and tried out for a period for some customers, Softacoulous. It is probably a matter of taste of which one to prefer, but I definitely prefer Installatron. I find it more robust and well thought through compared to Softacoulous. Installatron also has an excellent system for backup of installed apps, for example off-site backup with Hetzner storage boxes work as a charm.

Furthermore Installatron has a solid and well documented API and this makes it perfect to integrate with other systems, like ISPConfig which also has an outstanding API.

Installatron do not have a plugin for ISPConfig, but they have a stand-alone server product. That is, you can self-host the server side of Installatron.

https://installatron.com/server
    https://installatron.com/developer/server

Right now I am working on to integrate Installatron in to the whmcs ispconfig server module we have developed. The excellent API of both ISPConfig and Installatron makes this possible.

I guess it would be not to difficult to create a module directly with ISPConfig. The Installatron self-hosted server contains the complete user portal, in which you create and administer the installations. The only thing the module need to do is to create a login link to the user portal. You can also submit info with the login, with for example db credentials so the user wont need to enter any db info at all.

This article describes how to create a login link to the self-hosted Installatron portal.

https://installatron.com/developer/server#3.17

With the self-hosted Installatron it does not matter how you have implemented ISPConfig, whether it is single or multiserver.

Installatron has become our choice for our ISPConfig hosting line. And, Installatron support is excellent as well. They are responsive and knowledgeable.

webguyz and nokia80 like this.
  4. nokia80

nokia80 Member

interesting I've been looking for a module for whmcs for a while, is this already ready and can be used for ispconfig?

5. atle

atle Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have finalised our ispconfig Whmcs module and integrated installatron stand-alone server with it. Unfortunately this is not something I will release to public domain, did have these thoughts initially, but turned out to be too cumbersome. Will do the same integration for Directadmin now. As I wrote, the API documentation for both Installatron and ISPConfig are very good and hence it is not extremely difficult to make a Whmcs module for it. If you plan to do it, I can give you some hints.

6. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

It's working for me with no issue. ubuntu 20.04 with ISP 3.2.5

7. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

just to note. softaculous only supports standalone instances of ispconfig, it will not work with a multi-server ispconfig installation.