Cannot be Saved error messages

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by k9www, Sep 28, 2006.

1. k9www

k9www New Member

In multiple parts of the ISPConfig interface, I am receiving the following error:

"Your changes cannot be saved because this item is currently being updated. Please try again later."

This is repeatable. I will get it in areas like - configuring an email address as 'catch-all' or other areas. Right now this box is in testing phase and I am the only one making changes logged in as admin.

System is Suse 10.1 built with Perfect Setup + Gnome desktop.

2. milan

milan New Member

I came here searching for info about the very same message.
    ISPConfig-2.2.6 on debian sarge.

This is what happened: I tried to move a web from the (admin)/ispManager/ISP Site - tab by selecting a different entry in the Group - dropdown -control. Then saved.
    Since then I can not change any value of the web in question, I receive a message:

"Your changes cannot be saved because this item is currently being updated. Please try again later."

Waiting didnt help, though.

ls -la /root/ispconfig/ showed no lock-file.
    The ispconfig.log in /home/admispconfig only lists the messages.
    Restarting the ispconfig_server didn't help either.

TIA

3. k9www

k9www New Member

Reboot did the trick

Not sure if it was some updates that came down or the fact that I had been logged in (but then logged out) of ISPConfig on the local console and then went to my laptop to login to ISPConfig - but a reboot of the system did the trick. :rolleyes:

4. milan

milan New Member

A reboot seems like a tough measure for something which just looks like a left over lock somewhere. I#d rather find and remove that lock.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This error has nothing to do with rebboting and can normally not be solved by rebooting.

Please run:

/root/ispconfig/php/php -q /root/ispconfig/scripts/writeconf.php

Do you get any errors?

6. milan

milan New Member

/root/ispconfig/php/php -q /root/ispconfig/scripts/writeconf.php
    start
    ende

should it write some output file? sorry if Im a bit dense...

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, this means that the script has completed successfully.

Do you still get this error "Your changes cannot be saved because this item is currently being updated. Please try again later."?

8. milan

milan New Member

No, apparently the problem is fixed. Thanks for the quick help :)