need to reconfigure services after reboot of server

Discussion in 'General' started by Zian, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Zian

Zian New Member

Hey,
    I am running an ISP3 instance for several years now (Centos, Postfix, Dovecot). At some point (sadly, I don't know which), i could not receive emails anymore. After some digging and trying I could resolve and mailing is no problem most of the time.
    When the server is restarted, eg. for updates, mails won't be delivered and are stuck in the mail queue. I can resolve this by updating ISP3 or by rerunning update.php from the install folder. It works all the time, but does not seem right (and, is a bit af annoying).
    What do I need to do that the services are correctly configured?

Kind regards,
    Zian

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess your problem is not related to the configuration of services. Most likely, you did not configure one of the involved services to start at boot time during the initial server installation. That it works after an ISPConfig reconfigure is just caused by the fact that an ISPConfig update starts or restarts all services. To find out why services are not started on your system, look into the mail.log when the issue occurs. It can be either postfix, dovecot, amavisd or rspamd (depending on which you use) or postgrey.

3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Agreed. You can monitor them with monit so that it will report to you the related problems when they occured and fix them accordingly, like by restarting the relevant services, etc.

4. Zian

Zian New Member

Thanks for the hints. I will take a closer look on the services when the problem occurs and report back afterwards.